TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Unhappy Guilt about friends=( - December 24th 2010, 06:05 AM

Okay I have been thinking of this all day, been kinda obsessive about it. I was thinking about my old friends and how I never see them anymore. A lot of the times, I don't want to. I have noticed that I have sorta withdrawn from a lot of friends. I don't really know why but thinking about it made me feel bad. I thought of a friend who is coming tomorrow to our party and how I wasn't too thrilled about that ether. Maybe its because we are not close anymore and I have only seen her once this year. She spent all her time on her phone. I started worrying that maybe I was a bad friend for not wanting to see my friends that often. Its just that I have always been nervous and I have always been more of a family person. I would be with my family everyday if I could. I only see them on holidays and if they don't get to come for some reason, I get very upset. I also want to be with them always out of fear that something may happen to them. I would much rather friends come to my house than me go to theres for that reason. When I was little, I never went to my friends houses. I would cry so much I would make myself sick if I was told I had to go. My mother is also rather withdrawn but in the opposite way, she never is too thrilled about hanging out with family all the time but she is okay with seeing friends all the time. I get tired of it and want time for myself. But all the same, I am feeling like a crappy friend for feeling that way. What do you guys think? Please be nice.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Guilt about friends=( - December 25th 2010, 05:27 AM

I think everyone needs time to themselves and time to their family...if you spend forever with your friends you're going to want to withdraw because you'll feel like you have to be around them all the time and have all these emotional obligations toward them when you may have some obligations toward them but they are not your life...you should take some time off and when you are ready to hang out with them more do so..but right now maybe hang out with them once or twice a week rther than every day or every other day..it's too much to hang out with friends FOREVER...lol...even thought they may very well be your friends forever

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Guilt about friends=( - December 25th 2010, 08:11 AM

Well lately I have been seeing them once or twice a week so I may need less than that. Thanks though, for the advice=) The friend I mentioned yesterday who was coming to our party today had a lot of fun with us and I enjoyed her being there so that was good=)

Closed Thread