TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Unhappy Clingy - January 15th 2011, 06:33 AM

I usually only get one or 2 responses when I post stuff but I am still gonna try. Sorry that I have been complaining so much guys=( Been real anxious lately.

I have had seperation anxiety since I was born practicly. It was SUPER bad when I was a kid. This was to the point where I would freak if my mom even left just to go to the grocery store. I could never leave my mom ether. So I never went out for playdates or anything. No sleepovers. I still have not been on any pretty much since 5th grade. That was my first and last. Although I still have anxiety, I did not have as much as I did when I was a kid between the ages of 10 and 14. For the past 2 years, my anxiety over pretty much anything has skyrocketed. Some of it now is speration anxiety or what feels like seperation anxiety. Seperation anxiety from my best friend. I feel like I need to be with her like all the time and need to talk to her all the time. She went to go visit her sister today till Monday and I feel jealous about it and I shouldn't. That's her sister for goodness sake. I feel silly for feeling like this and bad too. I have just recently felt this way with her. It may be because I saw her a lot during the Christmas holidays, more than I usually do. We don't go to the same school anymore so we are lucky to see eachother each week. But maybe seeing her so much made me realise how much I enjoyed it and how much I miss how it used to be and want it back. I went from seeing her everyday at school to seeing her once every 2 weeks or once every week sometimes. I have so much fun when I do see her but I feel like crap when she leaves. I feel lonlier than usual when she is not around on email or if I am not hanging out with her in person. It has been like that since middle school but the feeling is stronger nowadays. My family also does not get out much and usually I am stuck in my room all day so that probably adds to the lonliness feeling. I want someone to talk to and to keep me company. Thank goodness for online friends is all I gotta say lol. But sometimes, even they don't do the trick. Anyhow, I really love my best friend and I know she loves me too. We are really close to eachother and always want to be together but I don't want to be too clingy or anything because I feel bad about it. what do you guys think? I am sorry to waste so much of your time. Its kind of a silly problem, I know lol.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Clingy - January 15th 2011, 03:09 PM

It may seem silly to other's but this is your promblem and it seems big to you and dont underestimate yourself hun. Does your friend know you have this seperation anxiety condition???

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: Clingy - January 15th 2011, 03:33 PM

You don't have to feel bad about feeling this way, it doesn't sound like it's something you can just switch on and off. You said you talk to your counselor right? Maybe ask her ways to help?

Just Keep Breathing

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Clingy - January 15th 2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplekc95 View Post
It may seem silly to other's but this is your promblem and it seems big to you and dont underestimate yourself hun. Does your friend know you have this seperation anxiety condition???
No she doesn't. I don't know if I want her to know.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Clingy - January 15th 2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
You don't have to feel bad about feeling this way, it doesn't sound like it's something you can just switch on and off. You said you talk to your counselor right? Maybe ask her ways to help?
Yeah I have not talked to the counceler in a few months but if this gets any worse, I may go back to her and ask her about it.

Closed Thread