TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skull candy Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christopher-Jay

Seperation Anxiety? - May 17th 2011, 02:48 PM

My little sister has bad seperation anxiety, but me and my girlfriend are getting married soon and we want to go on the honey moon alone lol. I was thinking of taking my little sister to our older sisters but she literally cries and screams if I even drop her off at school. Even if I leave to have a night out with my girlfriend she makes me feel guilty and practically cries until I get home. I don't know what to do? Her mental age is of a 2 year old because of being abused by her dad. I don't know what to do???? Me and my girlfriend just want some time alone.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skull candy Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christopher-Jay

Re: Seperation Anxiety? - May 17th 2011, 08:11 PM

Bekii is the most important thing in my life and always will be but it would be nice to have some time alone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Noah Zomby Offline
<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Noah Mohandas Tanner

Re: Seperation Anxiety? - May 18th 2011, 01:44 AM

Well because her dad abused her, she probably sees you as her father rather than her biological one. Because you're a male figure in her life that loves her and doesn't hurt her. You should probably just sit her down one day and just try and talk to her that you would like some alone time with your wife. Hopefully she'll understand and start letting you two be alone sometimes. It may also be a thing that she needs to grow out of. You say her mind is like that of a 2-year old, so she needs that love that she didn't get to help her grow.

So I would try and sit her down and talk to her about this, but if that doesn't work, you're just going to have to try and deal with it, show her love, and keep on bringing it up occasionally that you do have a life outside of her.

Hope all goes well.

Risk something, take back what's yours.
Say something that you know they might attack you for.
Cause I'm sick of being treated like I have before.
Like it's stupid standing for, what I'm standing for.

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

Your voice is your own, I can't protect it.

You'll have to sing.
A verse no one has ever, known.
Don't be afraid.
Cause no one ever sings, alone.
Love all.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Re: Seperation Anxiety? - May 18th 2011, 06:46 PM

my dad did some stuff that caused me to have really bad seperation anxiety for years. Eventually they had to take me to therapy and i gradually got better. Now all i ever want is to be alone lol. So maybe try counciling? or i know they got me a gamecube so i had something to do to kill time and distract me when they were gone. Also...they sat me down and said they love me and they would never just abandon me forever. Plus they said its their house so where else would they end up living if they never came back. idk hopefully one of those suggestions helps

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

Closed Thread