TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

panic attacks-hyperventilation - May 27th 2011, 09:46 PM

ive been having alot more panic attcks recently. Ive had one everyday for the past three consecutive days and they're really tiring. Yesterday i was 20mins into my exam and i couldn't cope with the panic i was feeling, then i had to come out of it coz i started having a panic attack. so i couldn't do the paper. i don't know what to do now coz i can't keep having panic attacks.

On wednesday i had quite a bad one and my auntie ended up calling me an ambulance. paramedics said i was hyperventilating because of the panic attack and that because of that i was close to passing out. i think it is cozof anxiety but i don't know really. I mean i don't like going out or being in social or crowded situations. I get really anxious and just have to get home as soon as possible. i prefer not leaving my house and now it has gotten so bad that i can't take the people and noise at school. That's a normal thing that everyone witnesses on a daily basis but it causes me so much distress. so i was wondering what could be causing all this to happen.

Does anyone know what type of anxiety disorder's could cause panic attacks/hyperventilation?

Thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Christine Offline
A wind of such violence.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christine

Re: panic attacks-hyperventilation - June 1st 2011, 03:16 AM

Most anxiety disorders can cause panic attacks - when you feel an almost constant, high level of anxiety, it tends to build up and then overflow. The only people who can diagnose you with any of these disorders are doctors, and it sounds like you need to talk to one to get your anxiety under control. Living in a state of high stress and fear isn't only painful and frustrating - it can negatively affect your physical health as well.
From what you've described in terms of the causes of your anxiety, it may be social anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, or panic disorder, or a combination. It could also be none of these - I'm not qualified to say, and like I mentioned earlier, I think you'd really benefit from seeing a professional about this. Anxiety is extremely hard to deal with on your own and it's clearly causing you a lot of pain. There are therapies and medications that could help you enormously and I think it's something you should explore.

down here,
..........the sky
is always

.....................falling.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: panic attacks-hyperventilation - June 1st 2011, 04:15 PM

Thanks Christine. Im seeing my doctor on thursday so will mention it then hopefully.
Im on citalopram for depression at the moment and that should help with some of my anxiety issues as well i think.

Closed Thread