TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Max_99 Offline
Average Joe

Tell me about anxiety...I need to talk. - June 8th 2011, 12:23 AM

So, over the last month or two, I've been getting terrible anxiety, even over small things. I was in a store and looking around at the clothes, and I saw a dress. When I figured out that the dress came in an 8 and not a 9, I began to get very anxious and depressed. And again today, I got all nervous and anxious about how I was looking online at farm housing and I couldn't find anything and there was just too much.

I am diagnosed as Major Depressive Disorder, and with that, anxiety.

Signed,
The confused one.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Tell me about anxiety...I need to talk. - June 8th 2011, 03:36 AM

In my experience (and Lord knows everyone's is different), I tend to feel "irrationally" anxious when I'm suffering from underlying stress already. I have this nightmare fantasy I revisit every so often in which I'm 30-35, un/underemployed, my parents are dying, my friends have left me and I'm utterly alone -- not like there'll be a woman there anyway :/. When I'm in this "mode," which usually starts around fall finals and lasts until early spring, I can't study, can't sleep, can't work, can hardly even do the thing I do best (photography). I feel like everyone is watching me, scrutinizing me, kids are mocking me, I'm going to end up a laughingstock, etc. Literally everything makes me anxious, because I've come to doubt myself, I've internalized all my external fears and generalized them until they become nameless. The nights drag on forever and the days pass almost as slowly, it's really a living hell.

[End rant] So if there's something/some things in your life that are rational stressors (family problems, relationship problems, drugs, school, work, money, etc.) it may be that all that stress is compounding and making it harder to handle the little things that go wrong. Just a guess

~Ghost

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Max_99 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Tell me about anxiety...I need to talk. - June 8th 2011, 10:45 PM

That sounds about right thanks

Closed Thread