TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Greenie Offline
ribbit
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amy

Question Yeah, um... Idk, I suck at titles. Anxiety related - January 4th 2012, 12:41 PM

I'm not someone who really opens up about anything voluntarily so bear with me.
So, I've been having irregular anxiety issues ever since I can remember and I'm finally seeing a regular psychologist only now. Only the last appointment (and my first) I freaked and couldn't remember a thing so nothing really got through.
Well, this is kinda embarrassing but I've been having these moments of panic that really only last a few seconds before I reassure myself and make my myself forget about it. I've had full-on uncontrollable panic attacks before but these are kinda different and weirding me out. They've only been happening the last few months, and I mostly get them when I'm stressed but not always. They happen a few times a day.

They pretty much involve me holding my breath, and squeezing myself and anything around me and blocking the thought out. When I try and figure out what triggered it I either completely can't remember or realise it was nothing at all that's worth getting stressed or embarrassed about.

Although I seem to automatically stop them, they're still annoying and scary and embarrassing if I'm with someone. I guess I'm wondering if anyone else gets things like this or maybe I am a total freak...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Yeah, um... Idk, I suck at titles. Anxiety related - January 7th 2012, 12:19 PM

Hey there,
I do feel like that often. When I am too close to people I have trouble breathing and I try to block out the images. I often tune out and never know what they were talking to me about. Its weird, but yeah its happening and I cant stop it from happening. >_<
If you are having panic attacks when you go to see your psychologist, you can try writing things before hand. Like little reminder notes for yourself or maybe the whole thing and give it to him/her.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread