TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

I've had so many anxiety attacks this past week that I just can't handle it. I hate not being able to talk to people or feel comfortable out in public. My mother refused to take me to a doctor to see about getting put on anxiety medication even though it runs in the family until today. But I'm scared of going to see a counselor. I'm going to cry like an idiot and it'll be awful. Then I'll have an anxiety attack. Hah. I love how anxiety controls my life and emotions. I just want out of this rut.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kayla.

Re: Status: Emotionally Exhausted - January 8th 2012, 03:58 AM

I feel the exact same way.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Status: Emotionally Exhausted - January 8th 2012, 12:29 PM

I've gone ahead and moved this to the Anxiety forum because I feel you may get better answers here because your thread is based around anxiety more than depression or suicide. You're welcome to PM me if you want to talk about that.

Going to talk to someone is hard, but I think it will be very worth while. Unfortunately I cannot speak from experience, but having someone you can trust in can help you. If this person can help find a way to calm down your anxiety, go for it. I know it will be scary, but if you cry, you cry. It's okay to be upset and to be nervous and anxious, many people get like that, but you may as well give it a go and see if it helps, right?

Good luck!
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ajroe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Avery

Re: Status: Emotionally Exhausted - January 14th 2012, 12:25 AM

I see a counselor for anxiety, I've cried SO many times, chances are whoever your counselor will be has seen it before. Having someone you can trust and talk to helps alot. If you don't like your first counselor just get an appointment with someone else (I've had 3 different counselors) Feel free to PM me if you want to talk

My inbox is always open if you want to talk.

Whatever you are be a good one. -Abe Lincoln

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Status: Emotionally Exhausted - January 14th 2012, 01:53 AM

I can't speak from experience as far as anxiety goes, but I do know how scary it can be to approach a counselor. Honestly, they are there to help you and give you the tools you need to get stronger. Remember, they're trained to deal with all sorts of situations, including anxiety attacks. I know it's tough, but you need to find the courage to see a counselor. It's what will be best for you in the end. Good luck with everything. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Status: Emotionally Exhausted - January 14th 2012, 12:50 PM

Hey there,
If your mom is refusing to take you to a doctor then you can start by seeing a counselor in your school/uni. I know it is difficult to go in there and start the topic with them. But once you do it, it really feels good. When I had gone to my school counselor, the first thing I managed to say was that I have started cutting. That was enough to start a conversation about what I am going through. The counselor also encouraged me to come talk to her whenever she saw me around the school. And they are all trained to talk to your parents about it too, explain that you need to go to a doctor and all. I hope it works out for you.
If you need someone to talk, know that I am always available!
Stay strong <3

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: Status: Emotionally Exhausted - January 14th 2012, 02:37 PM

Hey there's no need to be scared and/or embarrassed. Any counselor would be totally understanding. And it will make you feel better. Anxiety and nervousness could be the worst to deal with alone. I suggest you to go to your school/uni counselor. Stay strong and all the best. Take care. <3 xx

Closed Thread