TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RobbieFox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Robbie

Unhappy Hello everyone, need advice :) - January 26th 2012, 09:03 PM

Hey guys,

My name is robbie, I'm 21 years old and currently going to college. I've just stumbled upon this forum when I was surfing around looking about anxiety and what the best approach would be. Anyways, i started my second semester in January and my first day back, i was very nervous, and felt claustrophobic But after a few days it went back to normal and i was feeling fine. But this week has just been hell for me.. I went to school on monday, and when the professor told us about presentations i just kinda felt this blanket of worry come over me. My heart rate was high, my head felt heavy and i thought i was going to faint. Now I have dealt with anxiety before, back when i was around 15 years old, but i pretty much had gotten over it until this. Since monday I have just been under constant stress and my panic attacks just don't seem to be going away. It is also causing me to worry about my family history with blood pressure issues and stuff like that, so I was worrying something might happen when my heart rate was so high. So finally last night, i was at the point where i was tired of worrying, and my heart rate had gone up because of me freaking out again. I went into the kitchen and took one of my dads Ativans. In about 30 minutes my worry had gone away, and i almost felt normal... but that night sleep was very weird for me. It was like I'd close my eyes and I'd think of random stuff without me even trying, but after about 2 hours of laying down i fell asleep. Today I have had an ok day, though it still feels like I'm about to have an attack and worry but i won't let myself. I sort of don't want to take anymore of that medication since it's not mine and i don't want my parents getting in trouble for me sneaking behind their back taking some.

I know that's a lot to read but I just don't know what else to do. I'm planning on going to the doctor on monday to see what she thinks would help, hopefully I can go see someone to help me with it other than take medication for it.

Also, do you think if I have another bad attack tonight that I should take an ativan or just tough it out and try to sleep without it?
  Send a message via AIM to RobbieFox Send a message via MSN to RobbieFox Send a message via Yahoo to RobbieFox Send a message via Skype™ to RobbieFox 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
secretskill Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becca

Re: Hello everyone, need advice :) - January 26th 2012, 10:15 PM

Hi!
I don't think it's a great idea for you to take your father's tablets for several reasons, you said that your night was weird? That it made you think random things without you trying. I don't know what the random things were what you thought about, but if they were negative I'd stay away. Also, they're your father's, he may realise they're missing? It may cause a lot of drama. Though if you feel like these pills are working, you should mention this when you go to the doctor as well as asking to see someone? Anxiety's terrible, believe me, I know. Monday isn't that far away. Though I'm not going to sit here and tell you not to take them, if you feel you need to, then it's your call. But know that all of TeenHelp is here for you,

I hope this is some help to you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
RobbieFox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hello everyone, need advice :) - January 26th 2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretskill View Post
Hi!
I don't think it's a great idea for you to take your father's tablets for several reasons, you said that your night was weird? That it made you think random things without you trying. I don't know what the random things were what you thought about, but if they were negative I'd stay away. Also, they're your father's, he may realise they're missing? It may cause a lot of drama. Though if you feel like these pills are working, you should mention this when you go to the doctor as well as asking to see someone? Anxiety's terrible, believe me, I know. Monday isn't that far away. Though I'm not going to sit here and tell you not to take them, if you feel you need to, then it's your call. But know that all of TeenHelp is here for you,

I hope this is some help to you.
Hey, thanks for the reply secret ^_^
Yeah I doubt I will take them tonight, i'm actually feeling a lot better now that i've talked to some people. I think last night was just a very deperate atempt at making myself feel better, so i just did it.
  Send a message via AIM to RobbieFox Send a message via MSN to RobbieFox Send a message via Yahoo to RobbieFox Send a message via Skype™ to RobbieFox 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Hello everyone, need advice :) - January 26th 2012, 10:55 PM

Im sorry Robbie=( I am also someone who suffers from anxiety and have my whole life. Only difference with me is it has never gone away for a length of time. I always get it again with something else after i'm done worrying about one thing. It really sucks, but i've come to just realize that I will prob have it my whole life. I have delt with it for presentations too. I hate them=( I'm so shy that getting in front of people is a huge deal for me and sometimes I am worrying SO much that I get sick=( My advice to you is to NOT take anymore of your fathers meds. They were given to your father for a reason that is his and not yours. All you can really do is try and distract yourself. When it does come time for you to do it, take a deep breath and remember the presentation only lasts for a few minutes and then you are done. If you ever need someone to talk to, im here=)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
RobbieFox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hello everyone, need advice :) - January 26th 2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouseprincess View Post
Im sorry Robbie=( I am also someone who suffers from anxiety and have my whole life. Only difference with me is it has never gone away for a length of time. I always get it again with something else after i'm done worrying about one thing. It really sucks, but i've come to just realize that I will prob have it my whole life. I have delt with it for presentations too. I hate them=( I'm so shy that getting in front of people is a huge deal for me and sometimes I am worrying SO much that I get sick=( My advice to you is to NOT take anymore of your fathers meds. They were given to your father for a reason that is his and not yours. All you can really do is try and distract yourself. When it does come time for you to do it, take a deep breath and remember the presentation only lasts for a few minutes and then you are done. If you ever need someone to talk to, im here=)
Hi minniemouseprincess! Yeah Mine went away after a while when i was 15.. I'd hate to live with this everyday.. Do you take any meds, or do you just deal with it yourself? I don't plan on taking anymore of his, but i so plan on maybe getting some when i go to the doctor on monday.
Closed Thread