TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Lifestyle Use this forum to discuss your favourite hobbies and interests.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MorbidDaisies Offline
< < ē > >

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Board Games - July 1st 2019, 08:51 AM

*I donít think this is the correct forum for this topic, please move it to the appropriate one if possible*

Board games! We love them! Iím wanting to get back into collecting board games and playing them with my family. I wanna make Friday nights all about board games. I only so far have scrabble and monopoly.

What are your favourite board games? Please give a little summary of the game and why you like it!

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

Last edited by Hypothesis.; July 1st 2019 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Moving to more suited forum :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Board Games - July 1st 2019, 12:49 PM

I love my Disney monopoly- it's monopoly just a Disney version

I also love playing the trivial pursuit games. We have a Harry Potter version as well as Doctor Who. We tend to bend the rules a bit though as sometimes the questions can be difficult so when we have a difficult question, we try to give hints without giving the answer away, which can sometimes be funny.

We also play 'Countdown' which is based on the British TV show of the same name. Basically, players pick out letters at random and are given 30 seconds to come up with the longest word they can using those letters. There's also a numbers round where players pick numbers at random and have to reach a target goal as well as a conundrum round which is having to work out an anagram. It's fun listening to what words everyone else has come up with

I also have a Harry Potter Cluedo (murder mystery style guessing game) but I've only played it the once. It was fun but I swear I set it up wrong (never played it before) because when the game finished I remember feeling confused so I'm guessing we played it wrong or something

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Board Games - July 1st 2019, 07:44 PM

There was this game I played in therapy when I was in high school called Blokus. I didn't play it for therapeutic reasons. My therapist just played it with me when we were ending a session to unwind. I haven't played it in a while because one of my friends lost one of the pieces and I haven't bought a replacement set yet (). Well technically I can still play it, just nobody can be yellow aha. But basically you have to be the first to get all your pieces down. You can only touch the corners of your own pieces. And so you have to block other people from getting all of theirs down. This is a link to it on Amazon, though this is American Amazon so I don't know if there's a difference.

I also really like Clue, which I think is just the North American name for Cluedo that Holly mentioned above? I just have the regular version. You have to guess who is the murderer, what room the murder took place in, and with what weapon. I'm assuming the Harry Potter version Holly mentioned is similar.

To be honest I also like some of the old-school children's board games like Candy Land, LOL.

I like Sorry! As well. You have to get all your pieces from your start into home and you can knock other players back to home and such.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Lead Moderator

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: Board Games - July 3rd 2019, 07:45 PM

This might turn into a kind long post, I apologize in advance. My family has gotten huge into board games/card games in the last few years. So we've gotten quite a collection that ranges from very complex, to just sit around and have fun.

Ticket to Ride:
You are given these cards at the beginning of destinations, where you want to get from Point A to Point B, and you have to build trains between those points to gain points at the end of the game. Sounds easy right? Add in the other plays who may have similar destinations, and some paths only one player can take. It can be cut-throat depending on who you play with, or it can be fun.

Settlers of Catan:
It is a randomized board every time, and the goal is to get a certain number of point by the end of the game. Which you get by building cities and settlements. Which you get by gathering supplies which are gotten by where you build the cities and by dice rolls.

Exploding Kittens:
The name sounds awful, but the game is pretty much Russian Roulette but in a card form! In the deck are exploding kittens. You don't want to draw one, you have other cards to help you try and avoid them. It can be stressful, but also hilarious depending on the group.

Gloom:
You control a family, and the goal? To give them the worst life possible till they eventually die. And give other player's families good days. The real fun is by making stories, talking about why something happens.

Dead of Winter:
Very complex board game, you are playing as a group of survivors. There are a bunch of different goals you can play for, and you try to meet those win conditions (survive a certain number of rounds, find a certain number of a certain item, etc.) There are zombies that try to kill you, it is a co-op game, BUT you can also add in a rule that there is one player who is a traitor. My family personally don't like playing with that rule, but it is a really fun game.

Betrayal at House on the Hill:
Okay, another complex game. You are a group of explorers in a house, and you are exploring the house, and pretty much make the map every time. And a event happens that makes for the rest of the game, its called "the Haunt" and there are so many, and its hard to explain easily. Usually one person becomes a betrayer and everyone has to figure out how to survive and win the game. Very complex, very long, but very fun.

Mysterium:
Possibly the coolest game, and most fun. Think of a more complex version of clue. Someone died, and they are now a ghost. The ghost is now trying to communicate to everyone else who killed them. Because everyone is set to a person, place and thing, and the ghost has to communicate to them which one they are from a group of them on the table. But they only communicate through these cards that are pictures, and they can't talk. Everyone else can talk to each other to try and figure out which thing is them, but the ghost is silent for the game. It is a very cooperative game, and takes a LOT of teamwork and understanding.

If you have a large group, The Resistance is hilarious!
In the Resistance you have a couple people who are spies, and everyone else is not. And the goal is to all go on missions and have the missions pass. The spies can fail the missions. Each mission has a certain number of people that have to go on them (it changes depending on how many people are playing) It can get quite funny, though if you fail at lying, it might not be the game for you!

Those are all the ones I can think of, I know I kinda explained some of them horribly. They are hard to explain. If anyone has questions, let me know and I can try to explain better. I've played all of these a lot.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Board Games - July 3rd 2019, 08:26 PM

I’ve played Mysterium too! It’s a really good game but definitely tricky sometimes! I really like it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Board Games - July 5th 2019, 02:11 PM

I miss playing board games, I've been wanting to play more lately but there's not enough time in a day!

My all time favorite is Clue. It's where you figure out which person killed someone, in what room, and with what weapon. We have it in a lot of different versions, like the Golden Girls and that sort of thing. You do need at least three players. You can do it with two if you wanted, but it goes by fast. The more players, the longer the game.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#7 (permalink)) Old
CharlesBMoore01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Board Games - July 11th 2019, 07:12 AM

I found a great mobidescargar in the game