TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Niki95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Post AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH - April 26th 2012, 06:25 PM

I'm getting really stressed out. My music teacher wants me to come with two songs by tomorrow! We've been trying to do two songs for a year and a half now, but everytime I ask her for help because I don't know what to do, she just just ignores me and the only timw she decided she was going to help me was yesterday. Two days before the deadline. She expects me to get a bad grade for music and I guess I've proven her right. I never should have chosen that subject should I?
Does anyone have any ideas It would help a lot?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH - April 26th 2012, 08:47 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp! =)

Do you have to create two original pieces? Or just pick two songs and perform them? Can you talk to any of the older or more experienced students in your class? How about a musical tutor or instructor (aside from your teacher)? I'm not really sure what else to suggest, other than doing the best you can with the time you have, and hoping for the best. It sounds like your teacher is the type who wants students to figure things out on their own - and if they can't, she concludes that it's because they're not at an advanced enough level for this particular class. Maybe she's right, and this class is too advanced for you; however, that doesn't mean enrolling in this class was a complete waste of your time. You can still give this your best effort with the short amount of time you have left. If things work out, then you will have learned something about yourself and your abilities. If things don't work out, then you can learn a lesson from that as well (not that you're a "failure", but that you might have to put more effort into certain endeavors [getting additional help outside of class/being proactive if you're struggling, both in music and any other class], or pursue other interests instead of music).

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Niki95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH - April 27th 2012, 12:52 AM

I have to create my own original pieces.
I have made my decision on what I want to do. I can't do the two songs by tomorrow. So I decided I will focus more on the subjects I'm good at and hopefully pass in those. I would ask for help from students, but I don't get on with the people in my class, most of them aren't very nice.
I'll still carry on with music, because I love it. Just next time I won't pick it for a major exam. I've taught the piano all by myself and I don't really know how to play it lol. I play it by ear. So if the teacher were to say "play E minor!" I wouldn't know what she's talking about.
Thank you, it means a lot that you replied and it's helped me a lot.

Closed Thread