TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Question Activities for babies - May 4th 2012, 11:24 AM

I'm doing a Childcare Learning and Development Level 3 BTEC course, where we have to go to different places to work with children and we have to do certain things in each placement.

One of the things we have to do is activites, we have to do 5 and I have done 4.

I would love it if I could get some ideas of what my 5th activity could be! I have to do AT LEAST 5, so if you have more than one, please include them all!!

The age groupI am doing it with right now, is babies. So under 12 months.

So far I have done: reading, blowing bubbles, showing them themselves in the mirror and singing.

It has to be something that could further their development in some way.

Thank you for your ideas if you commented!!
RosieJ

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

(#2 (permalink)) Old
J.Lynn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: J.Lynn

Re: Activities for babies - May 5th 2012, 04:49 AM

I'd show them around, like pick them up and walk them around and point out things like "that's a white bunny, that's green grass", it seems to early for them to probably learn those things but the earlier they start hearing it, the faster they'll learn it. If you give a baby a ball to play with they'll learn how to begin to roll or throw it which is definitely good. I used to babysit an infant and now he is all grown up (okay, well one and a half but he can walk and he's so big haha), and I used to just sing songs to him and bounce him around a lot pointing things out, he sort of made up his own baby words for everything after I said them but he was entertained (: Also, he is one and a half now but he loved putting puzzles together, like the big Elmo ones and stuff lol, he figures out if they do or don't fit together though and it's good problem solving for a baby, but under 12 months is most likely too young for that. Also, one thing I've picked up from him is that we typically treat babies like... well babies. But if you are talking to them a lot or explaining things, they pay attention pretty well (also, talking on and on is a great way to get a baby to stop crying, I don't know why but if you talk about something other than that they should stop crying, they get sizetracked).

That sounds like fun though, I love working with little kids! I'm only 14 but I babysit a lot and volunteer at my local preschool.

Hola

♥I'm J. Lynn♥

♥Forget Edward... I'm Team Sock Monkey (= ♥

♥Love me or hate me but neither will break me♥

♥I'm proud to be perfectly imperfect♥

Closed Thread