TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abuddingflower Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

stressed - May 11th 2012, 07:19 PM

Today, I got back my science controlled assesment and practical data analysis results back. I didn't do very well at all - I got an F! I'm in Year 10 and I've already done two parts of the science module and got 2 C's and have the last part of the module in under a month. We've only done one section of the module because we've been doing the controlled assesment and data analysis thing and we have two more to get through, which will take a long time. Lots of people have complained about the science teacher at my school ( there's only 1 because I go to a tiny private school due to mental health problems). She only started in Septembe and nobody likes the way she teachers. I've been speaking to other people in different years and they've all said they've gone down grades..

I'm on foundation and my teacher said if I got a C in the next part of the module, I'll probably get a C overall. I'm so nervous about this next exam though because we haven't done much of the work and I've started to do the work at home myself so i'm ahead.

I'm so stressed at the minute, not just with science but the othe subjects too. I'm going through a bad time at the minute regarding my mental health state and all the work just seems like an overload and I don't think I can cope with it for much longer.
Any advice appreciated.
.xo

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katherine96 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Katherine

Re: stressed - May 11th 2012, 07:41 PM

Hey, first of all... RELAX and DONT PANIC I know it's hard not to get stressed when school work gets like this but it won't do you any good worrying about it! If you've been told that you can get a C overall by getting a C in the next module then that's okay isn't it?! You've almost certainly secured yourself a C! It's good that you've started to work at home, trust me, working at home along side your class work and ahead of your class work will really help you to remember things because you will be learning them and going over them at least twice. It's good that you have started to work at home too because youre already starting your revision!
Have you set yourself up a revision timetable? That will help you to balance the revision for the subjects you are doing. Even though you should work hard for your exams, you also need to give yourself breaks! Try going for a walk go get some fresh air or just outside in your garden to help you clear your head, it will probably help you a lot!
I hope this helps a bit
Hope you're doing okay beautiful, keep going. PM me if you need me <3 x

"it's always okay in the end; if it's not okay then its not the end"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
abuddingflower Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: stressed - May 11th 2012, 07:52 PM

Hi katherine,

I haven't put together a revision timetable but I'm going to try and get one done this weekend because it is important - just to know what subjects I'm doing what day etc.

Your message helped a lot thanks chick and has made me calm down a little because I wasin a right panic when I wrote this message.

<3.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Katherine96 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Katherine

Re: stressed - May 11th 2012, 08:11 PM

Hey
Yeah, it's a good idea. It'll help you organise your revision and probably calm you down a bit knowing you've got a certain amount of time for a subject each day And I'm sure one of your teachers will help you set one up if you want.
Its alright darling glad I can help! There's no need to panic, you'll be fine in your exams. I don't know if you've sat any gcses before but personally I'm okay when I'm sat in the hall doing them!
And remember, don't over work yourself!

Katherine xox

"it's always okay in the end; if it's not okay then its not the end"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
metalheadjessus Offline
Average Joe

Re: stressed - May 13th 2012, 06:00 PM

At foundation level, a C is the highest that you can secure at GCSE level anyway; you're doing really well! Try not to panic. With some thorough revision you should be able to most definitely attain the C grade that you have worked for and that you deserve Design a revision timetable and include lots of breaks, set yourself goals too and set treats for when you meet those goals, ie. covering one topic within a subject so that you can go and get ice cream with friends or something. Exercise helps with mental acuity too so take a walk every now and again to clear your brain.

Closed Thread