TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Stressing out about my final 2 weeks! - May 11th 2012, 10:10 PM

Okay, I am a senior in high school and the stress is getting on me and I'm panicking about passing and stuff... Trying to finish my work on time is causing me to just stress out! I really need help!

I would like to know how to cope with the stress so I could finish school up or should I ask my teacher if she could give me the day off one day next week so I could finish with school work?

In my school I have all the benefits of going home early, having a whole month off, etc.

I can stay the whole week off, but that is unless I have all my worked finished in which I don't.

So what should I do? Cope with the stress and keep saying it will be over in 2 weeks or ask my teacher for a day off during the week just so I can relax?

Thanks!

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Stressing out about my final 2 weeks! - May 11th 2012, 11:24 PM

Of course no one can make this decision for you, but make sure if you could and did take the day off that you used it to actually do stuff and not procrastinate more. I would suggest just muddling through. Especially if you're planning on college because they won't give you a "day off" for stress or too much work, unless you have some kind of accomodation that allows for it. Granted I don't know how much you're dealing with so it's up to you.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NoName12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Stressing out about my final 2 weeks! - May 13th 2012, 03:23 PM

I agree with Katie. This is the perfect opportunity to learn how to deal with stressful situations where you are forced to keep trekking and get all of the work done. If you're planning on college, as Katie said, they won't just give you a day off because you can't handle the workload. If you are not going to college, the advice still applies but in a different way. At work, they won't just give you a day off so that you can catch up on work you couldn't finish. They'd fire you after a few weeks of excuses. No ifs, ands, or buts.

It's a tough world after high school, it really is. And you need to learn how to become self-sufficient. I know that schoolwork can seem extremely overwhelming at times but you really need to learn how to cope with such situations. If you go to college, for example, how are you going to handle 2 three-hour exams in one day, separated by one hour? I've done it and it's brutal. But you know what? You need to do it. And trust me, once you get through this, you'll feel a huge sigh of relief because you'll know that you did it. Don't take the easy way out. You can't rely on high school teachers who love to coddle their students forever.

First impressions last. Start behind the eight ball and you'll never get in front.

Closed Thread