TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

View Poll Results: How should I tell her?
Don't tell her 0 0%
Forget about it, the work will go away if you ignore it 0 0%
You're a grown women! You figure out. 0 0%
Tell her calmly that you would like to have a day off 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

How do I tell her? - May 15th 2012, 03:06 PM

Hello, how can I tell my teacher that I haven't touched my school work in like two days and that I'm really stressed.... I am really unsure of how to approach her on this, I mean she is nice and really understanding of my current place right now for being "under-pressure" but how do I tell her that I haven't worked in two days?!?!?

My school is a little different, I go to a private school, it's small and we sit in desks like little cubicals, and you work in work books called PACEs (go to google if you don't know what a PACE is)

Also for a better insight of how my school functions, go to google and look up school of tomorrow.... There you can see the work I do and a little video of the function of what my school does and how it works (for those who are interested in how my private school works)

Please forgive I went off on a random topic! Oh my I'm sorry!

But any advice please! I don't want to go up to her and just say "I haven't worked in two days, can I have a day off?" I don't want to say that at all. She is nice and everything but I just need help.... Also has any of you guys doer with this type of situation before?

I hope to get help on this, thanks!

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: How do I tell her? - May 15th 2012, 07:37 PM

"Hey, I've been really stressed lately, and it's been difficult for me to complete my school work. I haven't been able to concentrate at all over the past two days - I was hoping you could give me some support or advice on how to cope, focus, and catch up." Or something along those lines. Honestly, I wouldn't beat around the bush. I would just tell her what you told us, and I would tell her as soon as possible (so the problem doesn't get worse/you fall even further behind). Everyone has a rough day/week, and it seems like your teacher is very understanding of your situation. Communicate with her, and see if you can come up with a plan of some sort (ex. doing a little bit of extra work each day in order to catch up, meeting with her after school to catch up). If you want to take a day off, I would explain to her what you would use that day for, and how it would help you re-focus the following day. In my experience, there's a difference between taking a day off to sort through a stressful situation, and taking a day off to avoid the problem that has been created. Make sure you're taking a day off for the right reasons!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: How do I tell her? - May 15th 2012, 10:34 PM

Hahaha wow... i used to go to a school like that. Paces... brings me back
.. anyway sorry for that. Just be honest. Back when i did it you could make up any work very fast anyway so it shouldnt be a problem. I used to do a weeks worth over the weekend and just take it slow during the week.

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Re: How do I tell her? - May 15th 2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Ryochan View Post
Hahaha wow... i used to go to a school like that. Paces... brings me back
.. anyway sorry for that. Just be honest. Back when i did it you could make up any work very fast anyway so it shouldnt be a problem. I used to do a weeks worth over the weekend and just take it slow during the week.

Ah, yes. I'm not enjoying them tho...

Sadly, I can't get the day off, she said no and that is a reward if you are finished with your work, she said that if I finish it over the weekend I might be allowed to take off a few days next week. But she smiled when she said that and then left the room. Guess, I might be able to finish up with my books.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: How do I tell her? - May 15th 2012, 11:57 PM

Yeah i eventually left that school. I dont think its a very good system but you can work ahead which i like

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Closed Thread