TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
aoisora Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Summer Jobs - May 25th 2012, 07:33 AM

So I've been looking for a job for a month now and I got hired at McDonald's and I accepted. But then I get called for an interview and I'm not sure whether to go or not. The interview is for a clothing store that sells Japanese brands and I would really like the job but I already accepted the McDonald's job. Should I try for the interview anyway? And in the chance that I get hired, should I accept? As of right now I don't feel that taking on 2 jobs will be difficult since it it summer time but the conflict will arise when I have school. I will probably have to make a decision and I plan to do a senior project so my schedule will be packed. In the instance that this happens, which position would be worth taking on more? A McDonald's crew position, or a sales associate one? Summer is only 2 months and I don't want to seem flaky for quitting after such a short amount of time. I've never had a job before so I'm overwhelmed with all this opportunity and decisions to make.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Re: Summer Jobs - May 25th 2012, 08:36 AM

I'd take both and then drop the McDonalds one later.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NoName12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Summer Jobs - May 26th 2012, 02:22 AM

I suggest that you keep the McDonald's job for now and go to the interview for the sales associate position. If you're offered a job, you can accept the job if you feel you'd enjoy the job. From that point, you have two options: 1) Keep both jobs and, when school comes, select the one you enjoy most 2) Drop the McDonald's job if you feel you'd enjoy the job as a sales associate more.

First impressions last. Start behind the eight ball and you'll never get in front.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: Summer Jobs - May 26th 2012, 03:58 AM

I agree with everyone on that, through I cannot imagine working in a MacDonalds personally (mainly because I can't eat their food, nor is there any MacDonalds where I live.) It's good to try for both, and decide what you like better, because they're basically very different jobs that deal with costomer service, so they can be good experiances for later on in life.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Summer Jobs - May 27th 2012, 01:17 AM

I understand that the other job is much more appealing than McDonalds.. But you already made a slight commitment by accepting the position.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Summer Jobs - May 27th 2012, 07:12 AM

I would just go to the interview and see if they offer you a job position, if they do I personally would resign from macdonalds and accept from the retail store. It may seem like a nasty move on your part but look at it future wise. Working in both retail and fast-food places alike, I can tell you that you will learn much more skills in a retail rather than fast-food. In retail you are able to gain more knowledge in customer service as they provide you and expect a much higher level of customer service than at fast-food.

It also looks alot better on job applications and scholarships to have retail than fast-food.

And remember should you chose to resign from your macdonalds position although you just started they can't hold anything against you.

Good Luck

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Spicy_  
Closed Thread