TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lukelder Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I'm so scared that I will fail.. :( anyone help me please? - June 2nd 2012, 04:01 PM

So I'm 18 and have had to quit school,I quit around 15 because I had to support my family because of a drug addicted father.Prior to that I was homeschooled....Anyways,I moved out of my house and am now trying to pursue education in another country,the only problem is that I really don't know my grade level.I'm trying to go for 3eme ( I'm in France) which is around 10 or 11th grade.The test I need to take to get into this school is mainly composed of math...well I bought a book and i'm starting to panic because the stuff in there seems so dificult..math has never been my best subject...actually my worst and now I feel like I'm gonna fail this test.I have 13 days to get ready for it...13 days to learn 11th grade math.If anyone knows anything ,any books links ANYTHINg that can help me PLZ share it,im in desperate need of assistance.I feel so stupid now...so.....dumb.Plz help me find something to study.the book i bought isnt in my native tongue so i cant really understand the explanations (english is my native tongue) Thanks for reading.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Re: I'm so scared that I will fail.. :( anyone help me please? - June 2nd 2012, 04:11 PM

What area of math do you need to study for? This would be an entry level test to explore your knowledge and see what level you are performing at, probably so they can place you in a class with others around your level of undestanding/abilities. So I definitely wouldn't fret over it - they are there to help you learn, obviously if you don't get in how can they teach you?
You don't have to learn a years worth of maths in 2 weeks... just revise some general mathematics (+, -, /, X) and then maybe revise over some specific areas such as trigonometry (triangles, finding x length of side etc) or algerbra (as in (x+5) (x+3)=0 ) and really you should be totally equipped.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lukelder Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm so scared that I will fail.. :( anyone help me please? - June 2nd 2012, 04:17 PM

I don't know what areas I need to study for,but yes,you are right,it is an entry level test to see what level I'm at.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I'm so scared that I will fail.. :( anyone help me please? - June 2nd 2012, 07:59 PM

I would recommend Khan Academy, once you know what level of math you're expected to know for this exam. Knowing the grade level (10th or 11th) isn't necessarily helpful, because students can be learning all sorts of different subjects at those grade levels (for example, in 10th grade, I was learning Algebra 2, but I had friends who were still on Geometry or even Algebra 1). Once you know what the exam tests through, you'll know what subjects to study and can focus on mastering the basics. If you have the money for it, I would find an English-speaking tutor and see what they can offer you. Unfortunately, you may need to accept that you'll be starting at a lower level of math than you'd like, but there's no shame in that! It's never too late to go back and get your degree.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MD8 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I'm so scared that I will fail.. :( anyone help me please? - June 3rd 2012, 07:27 AM

http://www.thefreemathtutor.com/home.html is a great site as it covers most of the major topics in Math. I don't speak french, however i think this site covers most of the topic on the 3eme whatever it is.
http://mathenpoche.sesamath.net/3eme/pages/menu.html

Closed Thread