TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Test...Matching quotes to speaker! Madness! - June 6th 2012, 04:52 AM

We have a test in English on Friday on Romeo and Juliet and Elizabethan literature. We have to match quotes to the person speaking! How am I supposed to do this?

But I read the play this time! That's a start.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Test...Matching quotes to speaker! Madness! - June 7th 2012, 01:06 AM

With tests like those, I've found that it's actually pretty easy, so long as you've read the play (vs. reading the cliff notes/plot summary). The quotes are usually obvious - for example, "O happy dagger!" should come to you right away (if it doesn't, then you need to read the play's dialogue more thoroughly). There's no way your teacher/professor will expect you to know every single line by heart, so don't worry about that. =P

If you get stuck during the test, try this technique. First, look at the quote: "O happy dagger!" Think about that for a moment - who would be happy to see or have a dagger? Did anyone do something important with a dagger? You may recall that Juliet killed herself with Romeo's dagger; therefore, it would make sense for her to say, "O happy dagger!" Voila! You've matched "Juliet" with the quote, "O happy dagger!"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Test...Matching quotes to speaker! Madness! - June 7th 2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY View Post
With tests like those, I've found that it's actually pretty easy, so long as you've read the play (vs. reading the cliff notes/plot summary). The quotes are usually obvious - for example, "O happy dagger!" should come to you right away (if it doesn't, then you need to read the play's dialogue more thoroughly). There's no way your teacher/professor will expect you to know every single line by heart, so don't worry about that. =P

If you get stuck during the test, try this technique. First, look at the quote: "O happy dagger!" Think about that for a moment - who would be happy to see or have a dagger? Did anyone do something important with a dagger? You may recall that Juliet killed herself with Romeo's dagger; therefore, it would make sense for her to say, "O happy dagger!" Voila! You've matched "Juliet" with the quote, "O happy dagger!"
They all seem a little dagger happy!

I not only read it, I watched the Leonardo Decaprio movie and the one with the Zack Efron look-a-like on my own. I think I'll be good.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Test...Matching quotes to speaker! Madness! - June 7th 2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up In The Clouds View Post
They all seem a little dagger happy!

I not only read it, I watched the Leonardo Decaprio movie and the one with the Zack Efron look-a-like on my own. I think I'll be good.
You have a valid point. Still, I think you'll be okay with this test. If you want, you can do a Google search for famous Romeo and Juliet quotes. Here's a website that has a few (including the quote I used previously). Some of the quotes are obvious ("O Romeo, Romeo"), but other quotes may be worth keeping in mind ("Good night, good night. Parting is such sweet sorrow"). I wouldn't over-think this portion of the test. If it comes to you, great! If it doesn't, try to reason it out. If you're still stumped, take a guess and move on to the portions of the test you're more comfortable with.

Closed Thread