TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Test...Matching quotes to speaker! Madness! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t103349-test-matching-quotes-speaker-madness/)

vrgtfvgt4vg June 6th 2012 04:52 AM

Test...Matching quotes to speaker! Madness!

We have a test in English on Friday on Romeo and Juliet and Elizabethan literature. We have to match quotes to the person speaking! How am I supposed to do this?

But I read the play this time! That's a start. :)

PSY June 7th 2012 01:06 AM

Re: Test...Matching quotes to speaker! Madness!

With tests like those, I've found that it's actually pretty easy, so long as you've read the play (vs. reading the cliff notes/plot summary). The quotes are usually obvious - for example, "O happy dagger!" should come to you right away (if it doesn't, then you need to read the play's dialogue more thoroughly). There's no way your teacher/professor will expect you to know every single line by heart, so don't worry about that. =P

If you get stuck during the test, try this technique. First, look at the quote: "O happy dagger!" Think about that for a moment - who would be happy to see or have a dagger? Did anyone do something important with a dagger? You may recall that Juliet killed herself with Romeo's dagger; therefore, it would make sense for her to say, "O happy dagger!" Voila! You've matched "Juliet" with the quote, "O happy dagger!"

vrgtfvgt4vg June 7th 2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSY (Post 891811)
With tests like those, I've found that it's actually pretty easy, so long as you've read the play (vs. reading the cliff notes/plot summary). The quotes are usually obvious - for example, "O happy dagger!" should come to you right away (if it doesn't, then you need to read the play's dialogue more thoroughly). There's no way your teacher/professor will expect you to know every single line by heart, so don't worry about that. =P

If you get stuck during the test, try this technique. First, look at the quote: "O happy dagger!" Think about that for a moment - who would be happy to see or have a dagger? Did anyone do something important with a dagger? You may recall that Juliet killed herself with Romeo's dagger; therefore, it would make sense for her to say, "O happy dagger!" Voila! You've matched "Juliet" with the quote, "O happy dagger!"

They all seem a little dagger happy!

I not only read it, I watched the Leonardo Decaprio movie and the one with the Zack Efron look-a-like on my own. I think I'll be good.

PSY June 7th 2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up In The Clouds (Post 891884)
They all seem a little dagger happy!

I not only read it, I watched the Leonardo Decaprio movie and the one with the Zack Efron look-a-like on my own. I think I'll be good.

You have a valid point. :nosweat: Still, I think you'll be okay with this test. If you want, you can do a Google search for famous Romeo and Juliet quotes. Here's a website that has a few (including the quote I used previously). Some of the quotes are obvious ("O Romeo, Romeo"), but other quotes may be worth keeping in mind ("Good night, good night. Parting is such sweet sorrow"). I wouldn't over-think this portion of the test. If it comes to you, great! If it doesn't, try to reason it out. If you're still stumped, take a guess and move on to the portions of the test you're more comfortable with.