TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
2hot4u Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachael

Points: 16,688, Level: 18 Points: 16,688, Level: 18 Points: 16,688, Level: 18

College - September 4th 2012, 06:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Sorry for being MIA for like... two days... lol it feels like longer

im now moved into college... woo?

i dont know what to think. Ive had so many self harm urges in the last two days, i feel crazy

I don't quite know what to think of my roomies either... One of them, a friend of mine, glances frequently at my wrist when i do not have my wrist thing on... its kind of... weird. But yeah anyways! lol

One of the girls seems very needy. Her boyfriend is next door, and she always has him over, or is over there, or is talking about him She also seems a bit bitchy... She doesn't really talk to anyone, except one of her friends who is in our dorm..

Two of the girls seem really nice. Smiley, they will say hi and greet you and all. They will chit chat with you about stuff.

One of them... seems shy. She is a little bit of a follower more than a leader.

And my friend is... well shes my friend. A bit annoying but tolerable lol

I feel left out of stuff they do though, three of them posted webcam pictures on facebook labelled "Collegeeee!!!" and the other three were left out and not asked to join or anything... its like... are we not part of your college experience as well? i know they more than likely do not mean it that way lol

I've also been really... "momsick"... im missing my mom so much more right now... I just wish she could physically be here for this. A load of times ive found myself thinking "I should tell mom that!" and then im like... oh... right... i cant...

regarding classes... this is my currently schedule...

1st rotation- (sept 12-october 5)
monday-11-2, 2-5.
tuesday- 11-2, 2-5,.
wednesday- 8-2, 2-6,
thursday- 2-9.
fri- off.

Second rotation (oct 10-nov.9)
monday- 11-2, 5-8.
tuesday- 11-2, 5-8,
wednesday- 11-2,
thursday- 8-2,
friday- 2-9.

THIRD rotation (nov 14-dec 14)
mon-9-11,11-2,
tues-8-11, 11-2,
wed-10-2, 2-9.
thurs-off,
friday- 8-2.

some of those are just redonc! like... 8-6!?? wtf!!!

also regarding classes... Im worried about my cooking classes. there is a 99.9% likelihood that i WILL NOT be able to wear my fabric wrist sleeve thing.... I do NOT like that AT ALL. I don't want to have my wrist showing!!!!! I don't know what to do... I don't want to be all "Chef, can i wear this cuz ______________" y'know?

My friend said to just suck it up, and not wear it, and if anyone asks to just be like "I went through a hard time awhile ago and did not make the smartest choices"

so yeah. theres my fun college rant. Oh i'll add a picture of myself in my room lol cuz i can

forums/f22-education-careers/att2037-snapshot_20120903_2-jpg

http://www.teenhelp.org/blogs/2hot4u/

R.I.P Mommy </3 July 1,1963-April 8, 2012. I miss you

It's a momentary relief from the existential terror of existence!

Had to get stitches for the first time due to self harm on June 2, 2013
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: College - September 8th 2012, 01:49 AM

What classes are you taking? Do you know what you want to major in? And that sounds like an interesting rotation. The way my college works my schedule stays the same the whole semester; I think there are pros and cons to this. Are the changes in class rotation for a reason?

As for your concern about not having something to cover you wrist; I can relate to an extent. I started wearing arm warmers a few summers ago and they didn't cover all of my scars properly and it had me really self concious. I made the choice to continue wearing those arm warmers instead of converting back to my long sleeve shirts and as time went by I got less self conscious; yes, I admit there I times I feel more self conscious about it but for the most part it is better. So I think the same thing can happen for you.

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying yourself. And, I hope this ramble helped in some way!

Oh BTW that picture of you is very pretty.
Closed Thread