TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Question Failing 2 classes.. Help? - September 22nd 2012, 02:40 PM

Oh my gosh, I've never in my life had an F ever! I'm legitamely freaking out. I really got to buckled down. I need your help! If you have any good tips on how to bring an F up, please share. It's english and algebra 2. Tips would be greatly appreciated! <3

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#2 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: Failing 2 classes.. Help? - September 22nd 2012, 02:48 PM

Hey Kelly!
Oh my gosh I completely understand. I think I have a C in Algebra 2 right now....
Anyways, I have you maybe tried to email them or talk to them about extra credit or tutoring? If you could go in before or after school for some extra help, or do some extra worksheets to bring up your grade it would help incredibly.
I hope you work it out!
~paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Failing 2 classes.. Help? - September 25th 2012, 02:59 AM

Hey Kelly,
I understand that you a really feaking out about your grades. If you want to do good in algebra, I would suggest of getting a tutor, or if you want, I can also help you with algebra( feel free to ask me questions any time). English, I'm also having some trouble with that class, but one way that works is communicating with your English teacher, and understand what her expectations and requirements are to succeed in that class. Like if you have an essay assignment, one thing I always do with my English teachers is to make them read over my essay and ask for some feedback. Trust me, this really helps Anyways, that's all I've got to say. Good luck to you at school, and I hope things work out If you ever need any help in algebra, feel free to send me a PM or VM Id love to help out

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Failing 2 classes.. Help? - September 25th 2012, 05:37 AM

Oh goodness, failing a class sucks. I can relate.

First of all, accept it and understand the fact that you can deal with failure. Learn from past mistakes. Take your time. Practice, practice, practice until you succeed. You want success not failure.

I have failed a couple classes. Biology and Advanced Calculus.

I failed biology because the teacher, he had extremely bad breath. It was so bad that despite sitting in the back rows, you could still smell his rank breath. Lol.

Many students including myself decided to ditch because of this. When I saw that "F" on my grade sheet, I was angry and upset. But it wasnt the teachers fault, it was mine. I returned to class. I wanted a passing grade. I held my nose and got my crap together. I received a "C+" which is passing.

I failed Calculus because I didn't pratice the problems well enough. I figured that because I was good at algebra, I would be good at calculus. I was wrong. I got a "D" which is a failing grade. I asked some of my classmates to meet up at the park and we would study together. I also got a tutor. My final grade was a "B".

If you want to move on from this, work harder. Ask your teacher or instructor questions. Do some extra credit work if possible. Work with classmates to study for tests. Find a tutor or study group.

Don't feel too bad. Learn from your mistakes and try again.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Failing 2 classes.. Help? - September 25th 2012, 06:57 AM

A mark of F indicates you don't understand the content, however, if you did well in other courses, then you can understand the content with more effort. It's best if you find a tutor and ask the teacher for additional help. Some teachers will assign extra homework for "bonus" marks, so try to make use of that as much as you can. Look over your tests and figure out where you went wrong. I never got great marks in English (always between 76-78%) so I cant offer much help for getting a high mark.

For math, I got much higher marks, however, it's difficult to help online without knowing the topics you're covering. In addition to a math tutor, you can look around online for various math forums and math websites where you can look on your own time. Alternatively, if there are certain questions, you can post on here. The only real way to succeed in math is to understand the theorems, how they can be used and practicing them in questions.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Failing 2 classes.. Help? - September 25th 2012, 09:56 AM

Like Nick said, it's essential to understand where you went wrong. With English, it could be that you didn't read the question thoroughly enough, so you answered the question incorrectly, or maybe your writing skills need some brushing up on. If it's just a matter of memorizing vocabulary, then there are various tools you can use (ex. flashcards). With Math, you reeeally want to look at the problem with your teacher/tutor step by step and understand where you messed up. Sometimes, it's just a careless mistake. Other times, you simply don't understand a concept, and need to receive more instruction and practice problems.

It's also important to be honest with yourself. How much time do you spend studying for these classes? Are you paying attention in class and taking thorough notes, or are you distracted? If discipline is a problem, then you will need to focus on that in addition to seeking help from your teachers/tutors/books/websites.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Failing 2 classes.. Help? - September 30th 2012, 04:02 PM

Thank you everybody, you all are wonderful at giving advice

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

Closed Thread