TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
walk around in O O O O
Not a n00b

Name: Lucky/Lux

Points: 7,480, Level: 12 Points: 7,480, Level: 12 Points: 7,480, Level: 12

(co)Work(er) Probs - November 7th 2012, 06:23 AM

So I'm having problems with a couple of my coworkers

I get on very well with everyone else I work with, but two ladies in particular really irk me. It's like there's this weird power struggle that I don't care to be a part of.

When person A is in charge, she gets really harsh with me... it's just disrespectful, and she doesn't treat the others that way. In addition to that, she does weird little things that sort of put me out... I can't tell if she's purposefully rude of just mindlessly inconsiderate, but since it's just me, I'm starting to lean toward the first. The thing is... I actually do like her, from what I've seen of her behavior on other occasions... I'm not sure exactly what the issue is.

Now whenever I'm in charge, person B makes a point of putting off what I ask her to do and then ends up disappearing for 20 minutes or so to complete a task that should take less than 5... she makes minimum effort when she's known for being really helpful (to others) which just makes my job harder... then while she's gone I'm stuck doing both our jobs. Again, she works really hard any other day, and on top of that she tries to take over and it's like... she'll have her chance, she just needs more training. Officially her training's over, but this is a whole different aspect of the job, and everyone waits a while before they end up doing it so that they can get an understanding of all that goes into it. She doesn't have that yet, so she ends up making really poor decisions causing me to back-track and fix things that wouldn't have been a problem had she done what she was supposed to do... it gets really frustrating, and she's sweet as pie most of the time until the passive-aggressive act comes out.

Any ideas as to how to deal with this stuff in a professional way? I want to be clear with both of them but so far when I say anything about it they just turn it into a back-and-forth that I just don't want to be apart of. Person B is significantly older than me; I want to be respectful (to both of them) while also being very clear while also not making work awkward or inciting any more of the little petty things they do to each other on the sly. I've never been much for cliques or stupid behavior like that; I even told one of my other coworkers, when he told me how he was going to get back at another (coworker) for some disagreement they'd had earlier, that I wasn't going to let that happen, and we've had an understanding since then... laskjflasjf. It's just these two with whom I have an issue and I'm really hoping to resolve it in a positive way, I just don't know how.

"This cosmic dance
of bursti
ng decadence and withheld permissions
twists all our arms colle
ctively,
but if sweetn
ess can win, and it can,
then I'll sti
ll be here tomorrow
to hig
h-five you yesterday, my friend.
Peace.
"

- Royal Tart Toter
(Adventure Time)

Last edited by LuckyNo.Infinity; November 8th 2012 at 02:25 AM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Honey Muffin Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kamrin

Points: 7,891, Level: 13 Points: 7,891, Level: 13 Points: 7,891, Level: 13

Re: (co)Work(er) Probs - November 10th 2012, 09:30 AM

Getting along with everyone all the time at work is nearly impossible. Person A reminds me a lot of one of my managers I had at my previous job..she was completely disrespectful, she cursed, & she threw a fit about every little thing. She told me she didn't need me there so I left. Now, I'm not saying to quit because that's not always the answer. Since you said you like her, maybe try talking to her about it. A lot of people like when you are forward with them. Just try politely asking her if there's a reason why she behaves this way with you & maybe she'll change her behavior.

As for person B, most people don't like being told what to do. To them it comes off as being bossy, when really you just want to get things done. They'd rather do things their way. It seems like she has a problem with you being in charge & doesn't want to put up with it. Maybe go to your boss or someone higher than her & explain the situation or you can go directly to the person & explain that you're not trying to come off as pushy or bossy.

Hope I helped a little

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Closed Thread