TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicky

Question Teen pregnancy statistics - December 19th 2012, 08:50 PM

Hello , I am doing a project in school that focuses on teen pregnancy and the media. It would be a great help if anyone could tell me roughly how many teens got pregnant in the UK in 2011. Also what are you views on how the media influence peoples views on teen pregnancy. Also any statistics to do with teen pregnancy . Thank you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Teen pregnancy statistics - December 20th 2012, 02:58 PM

http://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/aboutteenpreg.htm

This website has overall stats for 2011 stats on teen pregnancies. I can't find much about 2011 stats for UK teens, but I found some articles on the stats for 2009.

Really, just google "2011 teen pregnancy stats" or "2011 UK teen pregnancy". I found quite a bit of information within the first three links.

We aren't professionals, and I don't really know any of this off the top of my head.

Also, I am moving this to Education and Careers forum, as this is not asking or informing about a pregnancy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: Teen pregnancy statistics - December 20th 2012, 09:19 PM

Are members' viewpoints going to be quoted in a school assignment? If so, then you will need to seek approval from Rob first, per TeenHelp's Code of Conduct:
Quote:
Users should not use TeenHelp to conduct research intended for any form of publication whatsoever without explicit approval of a Project Coordinator. Users wishing to conduct research will be expected to explain their consideration of the following before approval to conduct research will be granted:
  • Confidentiality - What level of anonymity is being afforded to participants? Names, contact details, and other information that could be used to identify a person should not be published. Some detailed personal stories may also provide enough information to potentially identify a person, and where possible should not be published, at least not in their full, original form.
  • Purpose - What type of publication is the information intended for and how will the information be used? Is the publication being used to forward a particular political or religious ideology? Could the nature of the publication inadvertently harm participants? TeenHelp may wish to independently verify this information by contacting a publishing company or academic department to ensure that the data is being used legitimately.
  • Other ethical considerations - Which code of ethics, if any, does the research subscribe to?
Otherwise, I'm sure you can find plenty of statistics via Google searches, as well as general viewpoints on how the media influences people's views on teen pregnancy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci

Re: Teen pregnancy statistics - December 20th 2012, 10:14 PM

You may want to compare countries with more media (United States) to other countries with less media and each of their teen pregnancy rates in order to compare the media influences coorelation.

"Fight the long defeat."

"Iím not going to stop because we keep losing. Now I actually think sometimes we may win."
Rest in Peace Peter.
Skittlify
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread