TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alucard Offline
Maturity is Relative
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kimmie

Feeling Very Lost - June 8th 2013, 03:44 AM

I'm currently in school for veterinary technology and planned on going to Utah to work at Best Friends Animal Society after a few years of working at clinics. Now, I'm not so sure of going. Mostly because behind closed doors, it's a terrible place to work and the pay is minimal or so I've heard. I expected the pay to be minimal since it is a non-profit organization and planned to get a second job, but since the sanctuary is in a small town finding a job is going to be difficult. Not to mention, the nearest major store like Wal-mart or Target is an hour and a half away. I'm just not sure if it's going to be worth it anymore.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Alucard  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: Feeling Very Lost - June 8th 2013, 04:04 AM

I think the only thing you need to think about is
Will going there mske you happy
If it will than nothing else really matters and will sort itself out.

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Feeling Very Lost - June 8th 2013, 06:51 PM

i can understand the concern, i've often worried about that when wanting to work for NGO's or other non-profit agencies (think social work or international development) I worry the pay will suck and while i am not particularly materialistic i want things, I want to be able to afford a house, a car and afford to travel and help my kids a least a little with college etc so I don't want to be stuck in a low-paying career with few advancement positions, so I can understand hesitations about a career with a lower wage, I can understand getting paid less at the entry level but I'd expect to be be able to have lots of opportunity for advancement with higher pay. (ex. starting at $40 000 and being able to advance to a position with higher pay such as being closer to $80 000 after experience and/or more education like masters just for example)...

But if you can work around the lower wages (such as taking extra work until you get a higher position with better pay or just by living with a little less then you expected etc) then you could always work somewhere else, you don't have to give up the career path simply because your ideal location isn't favourable any longer, you can always work in a city or larger town and it'll work out that way. You could always specialize in wild life animal care and work for a zoo or something too.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread