TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blueberry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Need help to improve my math - March 3rd 2014, 12:30 PM

I'm in my 8th grade, and quite average in the academic side of life. I've been able to scrape through my other subjects, but math has been my nemesis. I've tried putting in more time. But as I'm studying I tend to get irritated (math has this ability to really piss me off) and stop studying.
So as a last resort, my parents thought of getting a tutor for me, but the private tutors are very expensive. So in the end, we decided to try out online tutoring, since it was a bit more affordable.
So I'd like to know if online tutoring is a good way to learn math? or should I try something else?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Need help to improve my math - March 3rd 2014, 03:13 PM

Online math help can be a great way to help you learn but Id like to suggest to look into supplement resources that are free online. A lot of people have difficulty with math and depending on the topic you might be able to find some free websites.
That's not to say the online tutoring isn't worth it ANC it could be beneficial if you're struggling but if you have some idea of the topic you're studying then websites can walk you through it and give you tips. Videos as well. If you tell me what you're doing in class or what topic I might be able to provide links. Otherwise you can do some poking around on the web and see what works for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Need help to improve my math - March 3rd 2014, 06:03 PM

Online tutoring can help as long as you don't get distracted on the computer. I tend to be doing my math then half way through it I would stop and go to a website and mess around. What they did for me in high school is the teacher and principal picked a student who was very good in math and had her tutor me. So maybe if the online tutoring doesn't work out you can ask your school and see if they can help you get a student that is willing to tutor you.

Like Susan said there are websites that can walk you through what your doing and help you step by step. You just have to Google it and I'm sure you can find websites. here is one website http://www.aaamath.com/grade8.htm I looked at one of the problems and the explain it step by step on how to do it you might want to check this out. But with not knowing what your doing in class I'm not sure if this will help or not even though it is 8th grade math. But if you tell me what your doing in class I can search for you and get a link to a step by step website for you.

I hope this helps

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Need help to improve my math - March 3rd 2014, 06:20 PM

I think it could help! Videos and certain websites are really good tools to use . However, for some people, online tutoring doesn't work. We all learn differently!

Do you have a school guidance counselor? They could help you develop a study plan and get the resources that you need. I tutor kids in my school around your age in math and various other subjects for free. My guidance counselor has my name and will refer me to people when they ask for tutoring. Maybe you can see if your school does something similar!

Also, don't be afraid to ask your teacher questions. I know some of my teachers are willing to be around for a few minutes after or before school to explain things for me.

I hope online tutoring helps you! If it doesn't, there are many other options to consider.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Closed Thread