TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Monster_Energy Offline
WAITING FOR THE RIGHT MOMENT
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zach

Unhappy failing - May 14th 2014, 07:28 PM

i think im failing 6th grade all my grade are around 50 60 80 and my algebra is 6% and my gum is 14% is it bad that im failing
  Send a message via Skype™ to Monster_Energy 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: failing - May 14th 2014, 07:38 PM

Hey,

If you're worried about how you're doing, I'd definitely recommend talking to your teacher(s) about how you're doing. They're the experts, and they'll be able to give you some tips on what to do, if it would help you.

Obviously we all want to do as well as we possibly can, but I'd have to say two things, the first of which is that you're still relatively young. Grades later on count a lot more, so whilst it's important to get the fundamentals now, it's not something to stress about too much at this stage. Secondly, because of this, there's plenty of time to approve. So, it's not necessarily especially bad if you're not doing as well as you might want to be; what would be bad would be not trying to improve.

So, I'd recommend talking to a teacher, and you can certainly get feedback (it's always good to improve as much as possible anyway - trust me, it makes things easier later on, even for me only 3 years on) but please don't be too hard on yourself or be too stressed about it, okay?

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: failing - May 14th 2014, 08:26 PM

I agree with Adam. You should talk to your teachers if your worried and see what you need to approve on and how you can get your grades up if you are in danger of failing. Sixth grade is important just like any other grade but the grades don't really matter when it comes to collage and stuff they look at your 9th, 10th, and 11th grade grades.

The good thing is it sounds like you want to improve which is really good. So just try your best ask for help when you don't understand something, maybe ask if you can stay after class and have the teacher help you. But definitely talk to your teacher.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread