TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cerulean Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Four AP Classes! - July 29th 2014, 09:09 AM

So I'm going to be a junior in high school next month, and I've signed up for four AP classes. I'm not worried, but should I be? Everyone I've talked to has said that all the classes are great and I don't want to miss out on any of them, but I also have to start my language class this year and I don't want to stress myself out. I might have to quit one if it's too much, so anyone have advice on which if that happens?

AP Calculus - It's the next math class for me, I kind of have to take it. And I'm really excited for it, actually! I love math. uwu

AP Physics - I've heard it's hard, but I've also heard the big difference from regular physics is that it's more mathematical instead of conceptual, and I don't want to shy away from math.

AP Psychology - This is everyone's favorite class at my school. The teachers are supposedly fantastic and it's also apparently not a lot of work. I get social studies credit for it, which is nice because I don't care for history.

AP Lit and Comp - I'm not so excited about this one, but apparently I really really don't want to miss out on it because it teaches me important stuff that is super useful.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Four AP Classes! - July 30th 2014, 01:22 PM

How much free time do you usually have? Do you spend hours of your time outside of school such as sports or work? The more free time you have to study, then the higher chances of success. Also, each professor will make or break the class. It's doable but is there a chance that you won't have time?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Four AP Classes! - July 30th 2014, 01:35 PM

Hey there,

I've actually taken all those classes except AP Psych. I think those are great classes to take in your junior year of high school but it is going to be challenging. One of my high school counselors would always say that for every AP class you take, you spend about one hour outside of school doing homework and studying for that class. From my experience, that is very true and sometimes the studying can exceed one hour. Do you do any extracirricular activities? How much time do you spend on those on a weekly basis? Are there other factors that consume time such as work- like do you also have a job?

With these questions in mind, you can consider if you should take these AP classes. Sometimes they can be stressful and there will be days that you will be piled up with tons of work. If you are good at time management and managing stress, you will be fine to go. I hope this helps and good luck!

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#4 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Four AP Classes! - August 12th 2014, 05:51 PM

I think that as long as you manage your time well, you'll be able to pull it off. Just remember that there's no point in procrastination because you have to do it anyway, and you'll be fine
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Four AP Classes! - August 12th 2014, 06:53 PM

I took AP psych and AP lit in high school. AP lit may be tough depending on how many essays your teacher will have you write, but from the AP classes I took in high school a lot of them still have busy work like regular classes but it gave me a lot more freedom to go about studying in my own way. AP classes are great preps for college. I think you'll do fine, the work load probably won't be much more than normal. The only difference is the material goes faster so you will be prepared for AP exams.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Re: Four AP Classes! - August 13th 2014, 10:24 AM

Good luck with AP I'm a junior, starting IB, and taking 5 IB classes this year it'll be six next year (four of them higher level too). Best of luck to you

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Four AP Classes! - August 13th 2014, 05:43 PM

I was in AP Lit for about a month. But that was because of reasons not related to this post.
I know that multiple AP classes are manageable. You just have to be great with time management and know your limits. If you are struggling, make adjustments outside of school where necessary to keep the classes or talk with your guidance counselor as soon as you find the pressure to much.
They are useful in preparing you for college and not only that, but if you take them, depending on your score on the AP exam, you will avoid some college entry level classes.
Good luck and I hope all goes well.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Four AP Classes! - August 13th 2014, 10:57 PM

I took AP Lit (4), Physics B (2), Physics C (both Kinematics (3) and E&M(4)), and Calc AB (4). I got college credit for some of those and took other APs.

If you're taking Physics C, you'll learn some of the calculus at the same time. Calculus based physics (C) is a LOT easier than non-calculus physics (B)... or at least it was for me.

You can definitely find backtests online for all these exams if your teachers don't already give them to you!

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

Closed Thread