TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thestorysofar- Offline
defend pop punk
Not a n00b

Name: Ally

Points: 7,372, Level: 12 Points: 7,372, Level: 12 Points: 7,372, Level: 12

Unhappy Starting 10th grade in a new school tomorrow and im so nervous!!! - August 8th 2014, 01:32 AM

Hey teen help people

I had a fun time freshman year. But now, I've moved back to where I was born and im starting sophomore year here. I'm excited and everything, but my fears from starting high school are back again. I'm so nervous for tomorrow that I feel like butterflies will come out if I open my mouth. I'm just nervous about new people and what people would think of me and everything. I have social anxiety, and freshman year I became comfortable with everyone, and it didn't show much (the start of freshman year was a mess for me, but over time i became better.) Anyways, I feel like it'll show again because im starting over and do not know anyone. Can I please have advice as soon as possible? I don't want my nerves to get the best of me, but i think they will.

Thanks again!!

bullshit, you fucking miss me.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
thestorysofar- Offline
defend pop punk
Not a n00b

Name: Ally

Points: 7,372, Level: 12 Points: 7,372, Level: 12 Points: 7,372, Level: 12

Re: Starting 10th grade in a new school tomorrow and im so nervous!!! - August 9th 2014, 06:04 AM

Nevermind :/ my first day went okay.

bullshit, you fucking miss me.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Points: 9,356, Level: 14 Points: 9,356, Level: 14 Points: 9,356, Level: 14

Re: Starting 10th grade in a new school tomorrow and im so nervous!!! - August 9th 2014, 12:11 PM

How was your first day? I remember being a sophomore, those were the good ol' days

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Starting 10th grade in a new school tomorrow and im so nervous!!! - August 9th 2014, 04:14 PM

Hey,

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I hope you had a good first day. I think that it would be a really good idea if you tried to get involved in some clubs at your school. This can help you to get to know some of the kids and help you to make friends. I know it can be intimidating being the new person but with time you will probably start to make friends. And, like I said, joining clubs will be a great way to meet people. Most schools have a club day where the clubs gather in the quad or cafeteria or somewhere big like that which allows the kids to go around and see what clubs they might be interested in. If your school does this I suggest that you try to go around and see what clubs might interest you. I am sure there will be at least one or two that will interest you.

I am wishing you the best of luck and if you need anything please feel free to message me.
Closed Thread