TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   College and Work (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t134216-college-work/)

Sjsh304 November 13th 2014 03:26 AM

College and Work

You'll love this haha!

So, like many other freshman college students, I don't know what I want to do with my life. While everyone is pressuring me to become a doctor, I am going around like a chicken with my head cut off. Sound familiar to anyone?

Anyway, I picked up a job working at a theme park 3 times a week as well as a tutoring job once a week. I am a full time college student currently pursuing a degree in biomedical sciences. Wow! Right? I get that a lot.

This is my first semester and I have passed 4/5 of my classes with flying colors but am miserably failing in chemistry which means I will have to retake it next semester. Boo!!!

Me, I like to procrastinate. I do my best work at the last minute. I also love working more than anything else. There is hardly a moment where I am not working unless I am going out to eat. Haha!

So, I've decided to go to my advisor either Friday or next week and ask if they can override my account and sign me up to retake chemistry next semester. They will have to do an override because I will be taking more than the allowed number of credits.

Keeping in mind that I love working and I practically live off the stress, I came up with this brilliant idea that I am going to try to get a third job. Crazy! *) No one has had the heart to challenge me on my decision. Maybe since I have such a one track mind... but I need more opinions and I thought here would be a good place so please give me some much needed insight.

O'Nell November 13th 2014 12:56 PM

Re: College and Work

After reading your post I'm wondering where do you get so much energy? No seriously, the third job and full time study? Do you have any time to sleep? :) To work during college is a good decision, some practice and money always will be usefull. But I think you should have some rest from time to time, look around - life is so bright, don't miss your chance to test it! :D

Celyn November 13th 2014 04:45 PM

Hi there,

Since you are retaking Chemistry, and already have two jobs, I’m not so sure that an extra job will help :nosweat:

You sound like a very energetic person- which is amazing! But don’t forget to have some ‘downtime’. You really don’t want to burn yourself out. Since you like the stress and I’m assuming the adrenaline rush, I’m wondering if it may be better to do some kind of sport, if you don’t already. This way you won’t be committed to another job, and you can do this sport whenever you want and it will be a great way of keeping healthy too.

That said, it’s just my opinion. I don’t know how busy your schedule is :p Whatever you choose to do, remember to look after yourself!

All the best :hug:

crotia November 13th 2014 05:43 PM

If you can do that I Wil just vs.at go ahead and know not many people can dothat like you. However if you would take tomorrow of. Like just a day doing nothing. Would you collapse? Are you really doing what you can or just going on in high functioning stress adrenine mode. If that last is the case you will probably collapse when your body finally gets a few moments rest. If that last one is the case you will probably get a burn out or something later which is a really bad thing.