TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   What time does your school start? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t135411-what-time-does-your-school-start/)

It is 57 below zero January 3rd 2015 06:16 AM

What time does your school start?

I would like to know how early or late your school day begins.

Also, how do you feel about your school starting time? Do you wish it was earlier or later?

The title was supposed to say, what time do you (or did) you start school.

It would be preferable to list the time you started in elementary, middle, and high school as well.

Celyn January 3rd 2015 10:50 AM

Re: What time does your school start?

Classes started at 9, but we were expected to be there at 8:45 for registration. And this was for all my schools.

anonymouswhale January 3rd 2015 12:36 PM

My high school started at 7:25. I don't wish it was later because it would then interfere with rush hour traffic, people going to work etc. We got out at 2:15.

TwilightPrince January 3rd 2015 02:08 PM

Registration is at 8:45 but my first lesson's at 9:15. I'd rather we started earlier at like 8:00 so that we'd finish the day earlier and I'd have more time to do work and stuff after school.

Not_here January 3rd 2015 04:26 PM

In primary school, class started at 8:30am. We began praying, went to breakfast, and started class. So technically you can get away withaattendance till 9:30. Which is when class time started. Though you were expected to arrive in time for praying and will be marked late if you don't. I personally had to arrive at 8am because that's the time the school bus dropped me off. If would be a big deal to miss the school bus that came at 7:30 each day, a few blocks down from where I live because my dad is a single parent and we would have no one to take us otherwise (/though we managed on those occasions that we missed/ didn't/couldnt take the bus in the morning)
In high school school started promptly at 8:10am. When I was a junior it was announced that class will start at 9:15 on Wednesdays. If you had a free period first thing in the morning, you get to come to school an hour later than the starting time. But things can get in the way that makes you spend your free time doing school related things and therefore arriving to school the time that everyone else does. Also, it can mess up with your attendance because the school will accuse you of cutting class even if you had free time so you have to get that fixed.

Eternal January 3rd 2015 05:38 PM

Elementary school started at 8:30 I believe (maybe 8:45), Jr. High started at 7:45, and High school started at 7:10. My schedule for this quarter in college has my earliest class starting at 11:30. :D

Kintsukuroi. January 3rd 2015 06:14 PM

My elementary school started at 8:30 am, Middle school started at 8:25 and High school started at 8:10. My earliest class for this semester of university is at 8:30 am. :bleh:

Doodle. January 3rd 2015 06:56 PM

I'm not in school anymore but my primary school started at 9am and my high school started at 8:30am. I wish high school started later, my brain isn't awake at that time :p

Wow @ you guys starting at like 7 D:

DeletedAccount63 January 3rd 2015 07:37 PM

elementary-high school started at 8am. college I started classes at 8 I think. I have to do earlier classes or else you loose me around 1 o'clock

Everglow. January 3rd 2015 08:43 PM

I don't go to school anymore, but when I did, my high school started at 8:40. I think it was a good time to start, although a round number would have made me more comfortable. :hehe:

Ennui. January 3rd 2015 11:17 PM

My high school let us start going to homeroom at 7:25 and the late bell rang at 7:35. I don't remember my other schools. Now I'm in college though and my first class of the day on Mon/Wed/Fri is 8:10 and my first class of the day on Tues/Thurs is 9:10 I think? :bleh:

Pirouette January 3rd 2015 11:27 PM

My high school started at 8:40 but I didn't have my first class till 9:30. My college schedule my earliest class is at 9 but I start at 11 on most of the other days.

-Dreamer January 4th 2015 04:31 PM

I'm finished school and college now but:

Primary school and secondary school: 9am
College was different and could be anytime. Each semester the timetable changed.

Jordioa18 January 4th 2015 04:37 PM

Elementary: 8:30.
High school: The first school has irregular schedules. My second has 8:30.
College (Where I'm at now) : 9:00 at all days except for Wednesdays, 8:30 at Wednesdays for English.

Rivière January 5th 2015 11:10 PM

During my time at school it always started at 9 AM, same with college unless I had a free slot.

Thereishope January 6th 2015 01:32 AM

It's been a while since I've been in school but we started between 8 and 8:15 for both Elementary and High School.

It is 57 below zero January 17th 2015 03:43 AM

In the UK it is rare for schools to begin earlier than 8:30 or 9:00.

The reason why some schools here could start at like 7-something or even before then, is because of one of two reasons:

1) some places have schools of different grade levels start at different times so that the same buses can be used to pick up and drop off more than just one set of students everyday. And they have high schools start earlier (when they aren't able to fall asleep earlier) to prevent younger ones from being outside so early when, for about three months of the year (Oct-Dec or something like that) it can still be kind of dark at 6 or 7 in the morning, and half of them would get home hours before their parents.

2) many high schoolers work part time jobs or do a lot of stuff after school, and some people don't get home until like as late as 8 or 9 at night, and this is without dinner or homework in the equation. so an early start means an early dismissal, so for those that do things after school they can still be home at a reasonable time.

I would like it if school started earlier and ended earlier, personally.

DeletedAccount71 January 17th 2015 03:51 AM

I'm in college, so my school starts whenever I choose for it to. I usually pick classes that start no earlier than eleven a.m. and no later than five p.m.

DemonQueen January 17th 2015 04:18 AM

Way back when I was in high school we first started at 7:25 in the morning. A "warning" bell rang at 7:24 to let you know to hurry it up or you'd be late. Anyone that came in after the bell had to go to the sweep room. I definitely did not want school to start any earlier than that and we got out at 2:15.. so none of us really wanted it to start later either. :p

Chai. January 17th 2015 04:52 AM

Elementary school for me, was in the afternoon at 1:00 pm and we got out at 5:00 pm. High school was from 7:30 am to 12:45 pm. Most of my college classes are online and the ones I have to attend are optional. I try to attend most of those. They are in the afternoon around 12:30-1:00 pm for 2-3 hours depending on the classes/ days.

MWF January 17th 2015 06:40 AM

Way too fuckin early. I'm working my way out of being nocturnal, and walking miles in the biting cold for my classes at 7 o'clock sucks ass.

Le Papillon January 18th 2015 06:01 PM

7:24.
My school is too lame to even chose a decent number. I mean, what's one more measly minute? Last year it was 7:45

DeletedAccount69 January 20th 2015 03:35 AM

Elementary, Middle and High school all started and 8:00.

It is 57 below zero February 2nd 2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:BreakingBeautifully:. (Post 1164331)
Elementary, Middle and High school all started and 8:00.

A schedule like that would be convenient growing up, considering that you don't ever have to change the time you wake up in the morning, and you can go to bed at the same time.

obelus February 2nd 2015 03:54 PM

High school started at 7:45 AM. College I pick my own schedule and I have classes between 12:45 and 8:40 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's lovely not having to wake up early. :p

Coffee. February 2nd 2015 06:49 PM

The US has super early starts for high school. D: I picked my high school time of 7:25, but I'm now in college, so whenever I want. :dem:

fallingstargirl February 2nd 2015 07:39 PM

My high school starts at 8:00, and the middle school and elementary school both start around then, give or take a half hour or so.

Nightblood. February 11th 2015 10:38 AM

My first elementary school started at 9am and ended at 3:15pm.
My second elementary school started at around 8 or 8:30am and got out around 2:30pm.
My first middle school started at almost 9:45am and got out around 4:05pm.
My second middle school started at 8am and got out around 2:30pm.
My first high school started at 7:30 and got out at 2:02pm.
My second high school started at 8:45 and got out at 3pm.

Nickitty =^.^= February 21st 2015 10:25 AM

I'm currently in college at the moment, and only have classes two days a week.

Mondays I start at 8:00am (urrrrgh)
Fridays I start at 1:30pm

Avox. February 21st 2015 02:26 PM

During my time at school, and it was a boarding school. Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 2:30pm. Friday is 9:00 - 2:00pm, so we have enough time to pack our bags before going home for the weekend :p

Astrophile. February 21st 2015 09:01 PM

Elementary school started at 8am and ended at 2:45pm.
Middle school started at 7:30am and ended at 2:09pm.
High school started at 7:45am and ended at 2:11pm.

I hated these random times. XD

Kate* February 21st 2015 09:40 PM

The different school levels were staggered to make it easier on the bus drivers:

Elementary school: 9:05-3:30

Middle school: 8:15-3:00

High school 7:20-2:25

College my earliest class was 8:00, but I only did that when I absolutely had to and my latest was 6:15

Graduate school: 99% of courses ran 4:25-7:05 and there were some that ran 7:20-10:00 PM

Minty Clouds March 1st 2015 06:14 AM

School starts at 7:30 for me. I'm actually alright with it too

Vulpixx March 10th 2015 03:36 PM

Class start at 8:30 but we have to be on school between 8:00 and 8:15

It is 57 below zero March 22nd 2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate* (Post 1171015)
The different school levels were staggered to make it easier on the bus drivers:

Elementary school: 9:05-3:30

Middle school: 8:15-3:00

High school 7:20-2:25

College my earliest class was 8:00, but I only did that when I absolutely had to and my latest was 6:15

Graduate school: 99% of courses ran 4:25-7:05 and there were some that ran 7:20-10:00 PM

I also kind of like seeing a pattern such as "the older you get, the earlier school starts and ends" in some places. Or if it were the other way around, but then again, it could result in younger kids being at school when it's still dark in the morning for a couple of months of the year.

hocus pocus March 22nd 2015 07:59 PM

I'm home schooled, so I pick my schedule. :dem: My brother is in middle school and I think his bus comes at 6:40 or something like that. I've lived all over the US and I noticed that the southern states start earlier than the northern ones.

It is 57 below zero April 5th 2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassiopeia. (Post 1175936)
I'm home schooled, so I pick my schedule. :dem: My brother is in middle school and I think his bus comes at 6:40 or something like that. I've lived all over the US and I noticed that the southern states start earlier than the northern ones.

When you are homeschooled, you can wake up as late as you would like in the morning to learn, and not be tired half the time.

And the southern states do start kind of earlier overall. I know that Nevada and Florida (both in the south) have most of its high schools and middle schools start in the 7 o'clock hour.