TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kallie Biersack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,097, Level: 10 Points: 5,097, Level: 10 Points: 5,097, Level: 10

Unhappy School saw my cuts - March 1st 2015, 03:18 AM

Some kid at school saw my scars/cuts and reported it to the councillor. She said she wouldn't tell my mom but then my gym teacher saw them as well and now I'm really scared that my mom will find out. I haven't cut in almost 2 weeks but the scars are still visible and I just don't want to stress my mom out with this. What do I do? Please help
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20

Re: School saw my cuts - March 1st 2015, 05:29 AM

Hey there,

I understand that you are feeling stressed about this situation. I too, have been in a similar situation a couple of years ago and from my personal experience, the best thing to do is be honest about it. I know there will be people that will tell you to make up a story about how you got those scars since that's what also happened to me and I personally think that's not a good idea since it may raise doubts/suspicion depending on what the scars look like.

I think you should open up to your counselor about it who said that she wouldn't tell your mom about it. Its also a great first step in recovering from this and I also believe that it will benefit you in the long run. Its good that you haven't cut in 2 weeks, but I also believe at the same time that you can heal faster if you open up about it with someone such as your counselor.

As for your gym teacher- I will advise you to talk to your counselor about it and let her know that you are concerned about your gym teacher knowing about this. Often times if you tell your counselor, she may tell your gym teacher not to tell your mom or anyone about it but I can't be a 100% about this.

I hope this helps and wish you all the very best!

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: School saw my cuts - March 1st 2015, 08:39 PM

I agree with Rishy in that you should consider opening up to your counselor. Talking about your self-harm can be really hard, but it'll lift a weight off your shoulders and enable you to get the support you deserve. You don't have to go through this alone and hopefully your counselor will be able to offer you some needed support. Did your gym teacher say anything about your scars? If they didn't say anything they might not have reported it. You can talk to your gym teacher to tell them that your counselor is aware, though. Or you can speak to your counselor about this.

It's great to hear that you haven't cut in almost two weeks! I suggest taking a look at the alternatives thread so you have a resource to take a look at if you experience more urges.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,468, Level: 25 Points: 31,468, Level: 25 Points: 31,468, Level: 25

Re: School saw my cuts - March 1st 2015, 09:28 PM

Your mom would probably rather hear from you than the school. Consider talking to her, I know that's probably not what you want to hear. If you really don't think it's beneficial for your mom to know about this, you could mention to the counselor or teacher that you'll seek treatment for it from a professional and that you don't think it's in your best interests for them to tell your mom. Just a thought. Maybe they'll take your opinion into consideration, but in some cases it's just a matter of child protection and laws.

Take as long as you need.
Closed Thread