TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
......nobody Offline
Regular TeenHelper

My Internship - March 19th 2015, 10:58 PM

As some of you are aware, I have been in an internship since January. This internship is getting to me, and not in a good way. I spoke with my case manager and she said that maybe the two years I've been in the paralegal program has shown me that I'm just not cut out for full time work and to top it all off, a future job that is extremely stressful.

I spoke with my attorney and she said that it does get better once I learn more and more how to do things, except I've been having a hard time keeping up with the workload that she has given me and she hasn't given me too much to do!

I feel like I've wasted these last two years I've spent in college, because I'll never be able to get a paralegal job, as I am terrible at it

However, I am still remaining hopeful for that pet store job. Perhaps if I get it, it may be the job for me. Who knows

This stinks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: My Internship - March 20th 2015, 09:37 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your experience isn't panning out for you. However, I wouldn't look at it as a waste yet, because if that were true I should be quitting public relations based on my experience in school and at my own internship. If I were you, I would consider the environment you are working in - maybe that's not the environment for you, maybe a smaller law office, or a different type of law office would suit you better (e.g. environmental law vs. real estate law).
If you are truly sure that it isn't for you, then I would move on and consider something else. If it is any reassurance, I spent 5 years getting a university degree and I don't know how I'll use it in my career. No education is ever a waste though - you never know how you'll use it in the future

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: My Internship - March 21st 2015, 02:45 PM

Hiya,
I'm sorry to hear that it isn't working out for you. It hasn't been a waste of time, as you have gained work experience while doing the internship. I would suggest talking to your attorney again about the workload, as they may be able to put something in place to help you.
I hope that everything works out.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: My Internship - March 22nd 2015, 06:50 PM

I'm in a similar position right now with where I'm going. I'm getting to the end of my internship and the only thing in my mind these days is "I just wasted all these years doing something I knew I was never interested in OR good at".

It's really tough. I know all about it. I just want to move to a random small town and work in a random small store these days. I do have dreams and goals and a very clear picture of what I would enjoy AND what I'd be good at, but I look at the years I've wasted and the debt that's been accumulated and lose what little energy there is left to take on a new challenge.

You're not alone, I promise.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
......nobody Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Internship - March 22nd 2015, 06:59 PM

Thanks you guys, I feel a little bit better now.

Closed Thread