TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dalton1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question arrghhhh can some one please give me some advice - April 26th 2015, 05:27 PM

Hiya guys was hoping someone will be able to help me with where I stand in this situation. I work at a primary school and have done for a couple of years. At Christmas we did a fayre and out keystage raised 53 pounds the money was meant to be banked but I didn't know until Friday that the lady that had counted the money and had meant to have handed it hadn't when she opened the tin she showed me they was about 4 pounds left. It had been sat in a storeroom in our class room with no lock on the door and no cctv, I was very shocked and upset that someone would steal from our children. The head teacher has said they will be a investigation into this situation and anyone that works down in that area will be looked into I feel really angry about this as I know I didn't take the money, teachers support staff, cleaners , lunchtime staff and supply teachers that might have just been there for just one day between christmas and now all had access too this storeroom. I was also wondering what can be looked into when they is no cctv and no lock on the door? I also suffer from really bad anxiety and even though I know I haven't done it I'm extremely worried about it and keep having panic attacks I was thinking with it been such a long period of time that the money has gone unnoticed how can it been possible to know? I just feel really unsure and can they sack everyone in our area if they don't know? X

Last edited by Adam the Fish; April 26th 2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Moving to Education and Careers.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: arrghhhh can some one please give me some advice - April 26th 2015, 09:15 PM

Hey there,

Iím sorry to hear that you are caught up in this situation!

If there is no cctv and no lock on the door, then I doubt much of an Ďinvestigationí can take place. It would probably be more of a questioning than much else. Iím not sure what type of questions, but they shouldnít blame anyone until they have evidence.

They canít sack everyone in the area if itís not known who took the money. Also, who says it had to be a member of staff? If there are no locks on the door, then would it be possible for children to reach the tin? Or older children who might go into the store cupboard to get something for another class? Chances are, if no-one admits it, and they canít find out who took the money, then it might be easier to lay the blame with whoever shouldíve banked the money. If it was from Christmas, there was plenty of time since then to bank the money, and a better place to have put it temporarily wouldíve been in a staff room or a locked cupboard. They couldíve even given it to the school secretary who wouldíve dealt with the schoolís finances.

Try to keep calm. Youíve done nothing wrong, so you canít be blamed. If they did blame you (unlikely) it would be highly unprofessional seeing as there is little evidence. If you get questioned, simply state what you have said here: you didnít know about it until Friday.

Take a deep breath and try not to let the anxiety get to you.

Take care

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread