TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Freaking out over being reprimanded - June 10th 2015, 04:21 PM

Ok clearly employment issues are huge for me. See all my previous posts.
I'm volunteering at this place and I really need it because it will be good on my resume and I've really been liking it. But today I got told off for 2 things. One was for how I was dressed and I was being lectured for what I was wearing even thigh there is nothing wrong with it - I even wore a cardigan over my tank top "just in case" and my shorts come to my knees almost. Then I agreed to keep an eye on a baby for like 30 seconds so a mom could play a game with her kid not even 10 feet away - I didn't know it was a problem. Then another mom wouldn't listen when i said I couldn't do that again cause apparently it wasn't ok. Even though she was legit in sight of her baby and it wasn't like she couldn't have done something if the baby cried or what ever, the other girl working with me saw and told our supervisor. I tried to explain that I didn't know the first time and that the other mom was literally RIGHT THE FUCK THERE but I don't know if they listened. I'm totally panicking about losing my position or something and I don't know what to do

Honestly, at first I thought the other girl was trying to help me so that the supervisor could find a way to make sure the parents wouldn't try to strong arm me into letting them break rules. I have a hard time standing up for myself. It was just a little thing too, the mom was literally watching her kid from a few feet awayr. Later I realized the other girl was just trying to get me into trouble. I'm so scared they'll tell me I can't come back or something. I know (or hope) it'll just blow over and that the supervisor listened to me when I tried to explain what "really" happened since the other girl was clearly blowing it out of proportion but I was so flustered by that point it was all I could do to hold it together.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Last edited by Celyn; June 11th 2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Merging two consecutive posts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Freaking out over being reprimanded - June 13th 2015, 11:00 AM

Hey there,

I think it's understandable that you would feel this way over being reprimanded. But these things, I feel, are too small for a serious reprimand.

I think what you were wearing is fine, but perhaps they were worried about the tank top being a bit revealing, even though you were wearing a cardigan over it.

As for the mother and baby, a lot of the time only qualified professionals are allowed to stay with young children on their own, so this might be why it wasn't ok for you at the time. But it also sounds like you didn't know anyway, which they should've explained to you. Since it was only for a short amount of time, and the mother wasn't too far away, I do think the girl's story may have been slightly exaggerated. I doubt you would get told you can't come back, since these things sound like a one-off occurrence.

Take care

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Freaking out over being reprimanded - June 14th 2015, 01:09 AM

Yeah like I totally get it was not ok and I'll never do it again. I'm hoping it'll be ok.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread