TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

New job for my husband - August 8th 2015, 01:50 AM

My husband just got hired at a large company (pending background check). We have an issue... The check can't verify one of his employers he had when he was in high school due to the fact that the company is under new management and has lost all records from back then (2005-2010). We've tried to get in contact with the SRS but they aren't matching up our address and his SSN for some reason so we can't get into there and the manager from the old company can't find the papers to prove he was employed.

What can we do? He really needs this job...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: New job for my husband - August 8th 2015, 02:23 AM

Is there any way he can contact this current employer and explain what the problem is? I mean, unless he's trying to become a soy, who the hell cares what he did when he was 15. You are 15-ish in junior high right? I live in Canada and I don't know what grade that is. Any ways, the best route wild be to start with explain ing to the current potential employer - just say "sorry for the hold up but here is what we are experiencing here..." That way the communication is open.

Can you maybe clarify why this is so important? Like is he joining the secret service? Because maybe they can see what the hold up is and be ok "ok, we understand, come on board". Like is there any reason that this job is something they have to look deeply into ?

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: New job for my husband - August 8th 2015, 03:25 AM

It's just a factory job but I've read that it's a really great place to work and they still wanted him even though he doesn't have certain things like fork lift experience or experience working in very cold temps.

He has tried to call the employer but hasn't had any luck getting through just yet. He is going to make a trip up there on Monday if he can't reach them. He would have been about 13 to 18 for this job experience.

I'm just super nervous because he needs this job. We currently live in a small town and this job will allow us to move to the city and give me the opportunity to get out of my highly stressful job.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: New job for my husband - August 8th 2015, 06:35 PM

I honestly wouldn't sweat it to much. If it is just a factory job, I am sure they'll be understanding when he explains why there has been trouble obtaining the necessary information from this one job. He can always leave them with contact information to validate what he's saying if necessary.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread