TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Non-PG13 (Strong Language): My HR at work (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t140504-my-hr-work/)

MWF September 10th 2015 01:39 AM

My HR at work

My HR at work is the biggest bunch of fucking cro-magnons to ever walk this planet. They mess up at their jobs constantly and treat us like shit as a result. They are completely incompetent. They fuck with our schedules and accuse the workers of stealing on a regular basis even though its painfully obvious they're losing the money themselves. They also gave me a no call no show when I was badly sick despite the fact that we initially had that problem solved. The person who helped me forgot to write it down. They also are accusing me of stealing the entirety of the money I earned while working cash register- 278 dollars.Whats weird is that all these people used to be accused of the same thing when they worked our jobs, and complained the same way we do, but they haven't learned a fucking thing. I've been wearing Ice Cube's "fuck you scowl" for the last two hours because I'm so freakin tired of them.
I have to go in and have a meeting with these idiots. Should I be aggressive and call them out on the fact that they don't know how to do their own jobs? I REALLY want to, but I know already that sounds like trouble. Besides, I went in looking like I was ready to kill someone the last time they fabricated a shift for me that I wasn't supposed to go to (they tried to write me up for being late, too, but they called it off knowing they should tread lightly). How should I deal with these people?
I'm a level one worker at a campus convenience store.

Kate* September 10th 2015 02:05 AM

Re: My HR at work

As professionally as possible. If you want references from this employer and/or to keep your job, you keep your emotions out of it. Unless you have evidence to back up the things you're saying you don't have a leg to stand on and even with evidence you may not be heard. It sucks, but that's how the real world works sometimes.

JazzyJazz September 22nd 2015 01:51 AM

The human rights side of me is thinking that you should go in there and tell them what you just told us.

HOWEVER, the reality is that you're a level one worker and as such it would be pretty easy for you to be fired if you start causing trouble. Particularly if you become offensive.

I suggest that if you hate the job that much, you start looking for another one. A job in a convenience store is not worth getting stressed over.

References are always something that you'll need in the working world. As such, it might be a good idea to leave this job sooner rather than later, so that you have more of a chance of obtaining a decent reference for your next position.

~ Jasmine

MWF September 24th 2015 12:06 AM

Actually, it just turns out they're incredibly incompetent. Who knew.