TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hugesinger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,535, Level: 9 Points: 4,535, Level: 9 Points: 4,535, Level: 9

Question I don't know why I'm sad at school - December 16th 2015, 03:30 PM

Recently iv been getting really depressed about school. Evry night when I go to bed I stress because I know it's the next mourning, in the mourning I get so anxious by time I'm leaving I feel sick, and then there's when I get to school. I don't know how to explain it but I feel tired and really sad, and my body feels almost heavy. I walk to and from all my classes like this and when teaching is in progress I can hardly pay attention. School has never bothered me like this before. Even my dad noticed and asked me if I was getting bullied witch I'm not. I just don't understand, my teachers are nice and I don't have problums with the kids. Even classes that I used to look forward to all day like choir are terrible. I used to love it and know I don't even want to sing in school, I just want to get out. Recently because of this my attendence is getting AWFUL. I don't want to be like this, I want to go to school and not hate evry day but I don't know what's causing it so I don't know how to stop it.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: I don't know why I'm sad at school - December 16th 2015, 10:33 PM

Hi there and welcome to TeenHelp!

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling badly about school. How you're feeling seems to really be affecting you a lot and it must be hard to deal with.

Has anything been bothering you? Not always, but sometimes events can occur or we can have feelings we don't fully deal with that soak through and affect other aspects of life. How long have you been feeling this way? Other things can contribute to how you feel too. For example, a lack of vitamin(s), nutrients, exercise, sunlight and a good sleep pattern can all affect how you feel. Then mental health conditions are always a possibility. Journaling your thoughts, feelings and what you do during each day might help you identify a pattern that helps you figure out what's causing some of your feelings.

I'm glad your dad noticed, and that you aren't being bullied. Have you opened up to him about how you feel? You can explain that you aren't sure why you feel the way you do, but it's greatly affecting your enjoyment in school. You can also open up to a trusted teacher or the school counselor. Even if no one is able to fix this situation entirely, sometimes simply being able to get your feelings and thoughts off your chest can be a relief. Plus, it's healthy to talk about how you're feeling, you know? You deserve the support as well. If you continue feeling this way for months or so, and it continues affecting your life then I suggest reaching out for professional help such as therapy for instance.

Finding healthy outlets can be a good idea when you're struggling. Such as creative writing, art, crafts and other hobbies. Since you feel anxious before school, do you feel anxious afterwards also? Methods to relax you and allow you to blow off steam may be helpful. Coloring and doing puzzles can relax you, or another hobby you find personally relaxing. Exercise is a good way to blow off steam and boost your mood as well. Do you go for runs or even just walks?

Is there anything you could implement at school to make the experience more enjoyable, and hopefully help you begin looking forward to it again? Perhaps you could branch out and make new friends, join a club or group, join sports or another school activity etc. Are there any additional classes you have an interest in? Hopefully if you took classes that sparked your interest, you'd enjoy school a bit more from now on. Sometimes a simple change in routine can make the experience more enjoyable and less dull.

You're having a difficult time right now but I wanted to reassure you that you can pull through this. You won't always feel this way, okay? I like the quote, "life is like a bicycle; you need to keep moving to keep your balance." Just don't give up. You're welcome to continue reaching out here. You aren't alone. Stay strong!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: I don't know why I'm sad at school - December 17th 2015, 02:23 AM

Perhaps you're just feeling overburdened or there's too much work.

This can happen, and sometimes it's just a constant , never-ending workload. It might be caused by you over-stressing yourself, or other related factors. There's plenty of people who're okay one day before , and then the next day they suddenly lack the motivation to do what they need to do. I think that perhaps, what you need to do is to relax, kick back and enjoy school. There's no point stressing out about things too much when you're still so young

Think of the world and it's blessings as discoveries you can make, and your everyday experiences a journey. The more you enjoy them, the better.

I think that what Ellie said is perfect.. you should join new activities, have something new to look forward to, and remember that nothing's beyond your reach Another thing to remember is that though you might feel challenged at certain times, new activities lead to new inspirations , and new inspirations lead to happiness.

A change of mindset and how you look at things will certainly help. Also, if you ever need someone to rant out to or just want a hug or a friend, I'll always be around.

Remember, there's no reason not to get into fun experiences that will color your life with excitement and joy!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
Closed Thread