TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t143276-if-youre-highschool-senior-youve-gotten-acceptances-college-can-you-say-youre-practically-done-highschool/)

sektor January 22nd 2016 11:17 AM

If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool?

Kind of or no. If you are in your first semester still?

Celyn January 22nd 2016 11:30 AM

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool?

Are they conditional or unconditional acceptances? Either way, if you are still in the first semester, I would imagine you still have to pass all your exams in order to say that you are 'done' with high school, even if you have acceptances from colleges. When I found out I had an offer from university, I didn't feel that I was done with school, because I needed to pass the exams. If I didn't pass, my offer would've been declined. Plus, even with offers, you still have to attended classes. But I guess it's a personal choice and perhaps depends on your school system in your country.

Jordioa18 January 22nd 2016 12:49 PM

Re: If you're a highschool senior and you've gotten acceptances from college, can you say that you're practically done with highschool?

For me, you're done with high school if you get a diploma or go to a low level education to begin.

Always * January 22nd 2016 06:36 PM

No, you can't say you're done high school. I can practically guarantee that if you take that attitude and let your grades slide, then you will lose your offers to attend university at what ever schools you've chosen.
You're not done high school until you've finished every course and have you're diploma.

ladygodoftitsandwine January 23rd 2016 12:01 AM

No. You're not done until you're done.

Lelola January 24th 2016 05:42 AM

Well, there are a handful of people who fail each year because they gave up their senior year.

LifeTheRonWay January 24th 2016 08:49 AM

Hey there,
Since the definition of "practically" means almost - I guess in your senior year you would be able to say that you are almost done with High School.

Remember to not live your life in a hurry though. I've always been told that time goes by faster the older you get. I didn't believe it until I got a little older.
Sounds like you're going to be in college soon, and then you'll be done before you know it. :P

-Ron

sektor January 24th 2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeTheRonWay (Post 1221586)
Hey there,
Since the definition of "practically" means almost - I guess in your senior year you would be able to say that you are almost done with High School.

Remember to not live your life in a hurry though. I've always been told that time goes by faster the older you get. I didn't believe it until I got a little older.
Sounds like you're going to be in college soon, and then you'll be done before you know it. :P

-Ron

I know I don't want to live my life in a hurry. College is like 9 months away and I've already starting feeling like a college student and I feel like I'm hurrying my life by thinking like this. I agree that I want to take it slow

btw so I could say a Junior is practically done as well?

Lelola January 24th 2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sektor (Post 1221597)
I know I don't want to live my life in a hurry. College is like 9 months away and I've already starting feeling like a college student and I feel like I'm hurrying my life by thinking like this. I agree that I want to take it slow

btw so I could say a Junior is practically done as well?

But the main difference is that you're not a college student. You're still in high school. You could pass age wise as a college student and you won't magically become more mature when you graduate. Nothing much happens besides the parties. In all honesty, a lot of people that I went to high school with are in the same boat they were when they just graduated. Some of them graduated with degrees but are still working grocery store/restaurant jobs.

I also was a student at a local college when I was still in high school so it isn't that much different in terms of maturity.

Ennui. January 24th 2016 07:24 PM

I mean, you're almost on your way out. But I wouldn't slack off now. Most colleges DO ask for your final transcripts, so definitely don't slack off and think that just because you've been accepted to colleges, you can do whatever you want in your classes without consequences. That will hurt you later.

I don't think you're hurrying your life either. As Lelola said, you won't magically become more mature when you graduate. You still can have fun with your life and this is still the time of your life where you can explore and really discover who you are. Of course you'll have your studies to focus on too, but there's still time for fun!

sektor January 25th 2016 06:21 AM

Well the 2nd semester just started so I guess I still have a long way, 9 months lol, so I'll just slow my life down and go in the present

MWF January 25th 2016 06:43 AM

Nope. Colleges still pay attention. Don't stop. Don't even slow down. At all.
If your teachers aren't Satan, they'll make the second semester easy, but you still have to finish.
There is nothing to be gained by going half-ass the rest of the way.