TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Overload! - April 9th 2016, 09:03 PM

Hey all,

I'm a 2nd year university student and I'm struggling. Badly.

In the next month I have 4 exams to prepare for, 3 of which are written. Among them, like 20 or more topics to revise. More topics than days to revise them.

I also have a lab report I'm working on which makes me want to rip my eyes out so I don't have to look at it anymore.

Every time I do statistics or think about how much work I have to do I get a migraine that won't go away.

No revision techniques work anymore and even if they did I don't have the time to know they do because I've only just had a lecture on the exam material.

I don't knw how to deal with it all. I'm stressed. I can't sleep in late and I can't sleep early. I'm tired all the time. I'm grumpy or upset constantly.

My friends are going through the same thing. None of us know what to do anymore. There's a petition going round the uni because the time we have to prepare isn't enough but nothing will happen in time for it to make a difference.

I just need to know if anyone else has been through this too, and if you have, how the hell did you survive it.

I dont really know where else to turn.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Overload! - April 10th 2016, 10:15 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you have so much work to do and that you are so stressed out with it all! Do you have a student rep or a student union? The petition sounds like a good idea, but it would be really good if someone could arrange a meeting between the student rep and the university staff.

I haven't been in a situation that stressful, but when I was in third year, they scheduled an essay to be handed in the very day after our dissertation. We thought that was really unfair because obviously we would be focusing on the dissertation not the essay. So our student rep emailed the lecturer and we had out deadline for the essay extended.

But it was a stressful year in general, and all my friends felt it too. One of my friends resorted to baking cakes at 2 a.m. because she was so stressed out with work and couldn't sleep. Don't forget that you can always talk to the university counsellor too. Even though they can't do anything about the deadlines they can help you to learn relaxation techniques so you don't feel so burned out.

Hope things improve for you!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread