TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dramioneforever Offline
Slytherin 4th Year
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alan

Points: 4,548, Level: 9 Points: 4,548, Level: 9 Points: 4,548, Level: 9

School Bathrooms? Public ones? - April 19th 2016, 06:58 PM

I'm scared to use the bathroom at school, or anywhere public. If I use the girls' bathroom, I get ridiculed. If I use ths boys' bathroom, I run the risk of getting beat up. I identify as mostly male. Why can't there just be a Bathroom 9 3/4?

Society: Be yourself
Society: No, not like that
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Samuel Offline
Sam
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Points: 5,077, Level: 10 Points: 5,077, Level: 10 Points: 5,077, Level: 10

Re: School Bathrooms? Public ones? - April 30th 2016, 11:13 PM

I'm not sure I understand the "bathroom 9 3/4" thing, but here's my feeling
Innthe boys room, seems to me most buys aren't that bashful really. Just don't care if someone sees them or what ever. From talking to some girls, seems they pretty much feel the same. And now we have transgender people unsure of what bathroom they feel most comfortable in, and problems when using the one that they feel comfortable in

What I say is make all public restroom unisex. Simple, stalls and urinals, and a row of sinks. Seems to me people will get used to what ever they have an issue with, because it's no longer an issue. You can get just as much privacy in a boy/girls restroom stall as any other gender based restroom.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: School Bathrooms? Public ones? - April 30th 2016, 11:52 PM

Samuel, I feel like your post would be better fit in current events and debates. There's already an open thread about this.

To the OP, I'm sorry you don't feel comfortable using the bathroom in public places or at school. I am a cis female, but I was never comfortable using the public bathroom when I was in school. The nurse's office probably has single bathrooms that no one would see you use. If someone were to ask you could always say you didn't feel well or you could tell them you needed something else from the nurse and decided to go while you were there. If there's a section of the school with a bathroom no one really uses you could try to use that one. If you need to go in school, you could always wait until you're in class to ask if you can go so there's less chance of others being in there. You could talk to your teachers and explain why you wait until you're in class. As for public bathrooms, I feel like most people don't pay attention to who else is in the bathroom. I'm not sure how it is where you are, though. If people say anything, I would ignore it. I know it can be hard, but just remember that the problem is them. Not you.

I wish you the best.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Bubs76 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elizabeth

Points: 4,532, Level: 9 Points: 4,532, Level: 9 Points: 4,532, Level: 9

Re: School Bathrooms? Public ones? - May 2nd 2016, 02:12 AM

I feel that people shouldn't be judged on what bathroom they decide to use. We go to the bathroom to do our own business why can't it stay that way? And the only reason they make fun of you is because they are jealous that you somewhat no more about what you want and about how to be yourself then they do. This society is so messed up, but I love that you have the courage to really show your true colors. Stay strong!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
fatigue Offline
extreme meme machine
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Grace

Points: 4,321, Level: 9 Points: 4,321, Level: 9 Points: 4,321, Level: 9

Re: School Bathrooms? Public ones? - May 10th 2016, 01:25 PM

Honestly, use whatever bathroom you're comfortable with. F**k those people who tell you which bathrooms you can and can't use!! If someone brings it up that you're in "the wrong bathroom, tell them otherwise. Tell them that it's your body and that you're a [insert prefered gender here] and that's you'll use whatever bathroom corresponds with said gender.
Closed Thread