TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Pixie is at school (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t149831-pixie-school/)

DeletedAccount63 February 6th 2017 06:15 PM

Pixie is at school

My dog Pixie came to school with me today and she is really helping me stay focused and grounded. I think she knows when I'm struggling because she will look up at me or lick my hand. I am grateful that they are letting her come to school because I think she is helping me a lot. I even brought her a blanket because it is really cold and rainy. My grandma didn't think she would behave but she is behaving amazingly.

Ambedo. February 6th 2017 06:18 PM

Re: Pixie is at school

I'm glad you were able to bring your dog to school and that she is behaving well! It sounds like Pixie is a great source of comfort for you. Is this a one-time thing or is your school willing to let you bring your dog more often?

DeletedAccount63 February 6th 2017 06:21 PM

She has a service dog vest(even though she is more of a sport dog) so as long as she has the service vest they are allowing her to come anytime. I'm probably going to try and get my therapist to write a letter saying that she helps me and that I am aloud to bring her to school that way there is no confusion on it. But I hope she will do that. I'm not sure if she will.

Ennui. February 6th 2017 11:30 PM

I am so glad that Pixie is helping you like this! I hope she is continued to be allowed to be taken to school and that she continues to be a good source of support for you.

DeletedAccount16 February 7th 2017 03:50 AM

The fact you were able to bring her to school with you made me smile. I know you've been struggling which is why I was really happy to hear she helps you while you're at school. Asking your therapist to write a letter is a good idea to add that extra bit of security. I hope school begins going better for you from now on.

Take care. :hug: And give Pixie a hug for me too!

DeletedAccount63 February 7th 2017 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nala (Post 1271867)
The fact you were able to bring her to school with you made me smile. I know you've been struggling which is why I was really happy to hear she helps you while you're at school. Asking your therapist to write a letter is a good idea to add that extra bit of security. I hope school begins going better for you from now on.

Take care. :hug: And give Pixie a hug for me too!

Yeah I'm going to be taking her a lot more when it isn't raining but it's just to hard when it's raining especially since she is only a small dog. She is a Chihuahua.

Celyn February 7th 2017 09:23 AM

Awww, so lovely to hear that Pixie is helping you to stay grounded. It sounds like she really does care about you <3

Chai. February 7th 2017 09:29 AM

Hey, that is amazing. I am so glad that Pixie cares for you and helps you stay grounded. Also, Chihuahua's are super cute. :hehe:

DeletedAccount69 February 7th 2017 11:49 AM

I'm curious how you got her to become a psychiatric service dog? I've looked in to programs for this but they are all really expensive (due to all the training they have to do). I believe it's the training that makes a dog a service dog.

DeletedAccount63 February 7th 2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ (Post 1271964)
I'm curious how you got her to become a psychiatric service dog? I've looked in to programs for this but they are all really expensive (due to all the training they have to do). I believe it's the training that makes a dog a service dog.

She is in training, I'm training her myself.

DeletedAccount24 February 7th 2017 05:04 PM

I'm glad you were able to bring your dog to school, Essa! I hope she provides comfort for you during the school day. It's wonderful you're getting her trained. I think it's important to connect with the dog first before assigning them as a service dog, so they get to know you personally.

Best of luck!

Dawn. February 13th 2017 05:58 AM

It's great to hear that Pixie is helping you stay grounded. :)

Animals can sometimes do that. :hehe:

.Brittany. February 13th 2017 06:44 PM

Hi Frankie!

I completely thought I replied to this! I'm so glad that you were able to bring Pixie to school! I'm also glad that she was able to help you stay focused. Do you think this might become a regular thing? Especially since it helped out so much?

Brittany

DeletedAccount63 February 13th 2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Brittany. (Post 1273155)
Hi Frankie!

I completely thought I replied to this! I'm so glad that you were able to bring Pixie to school! I'm also glad that she was able to help you stay focused. Do you think this might become a regular thing? Especially since it helped out so much?

Brittany

Yes it is going to be a regular thing as long as it's not raining,.

.Brittany. February 14th 2017 04:35 PM

That is awesome! I hope that it helps you!

DeletedAccount63 February 14th 2017 05:47 PM

Thank you Brittany