TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

I have lost my job again not confirmed but maybe - March 6th 2017, 02:18 PM

Hi everyone I made a previous thread updating you on the fact I lost my job. I could not find the thread which I made originally so I will update you on the situation briefly:

I was employed by a British supermarket and they tried sacking me due to my learning disability so I got my brother involved who is very experienced in retail he's a regional manager so he knows what he's talking about he's even higher then the people who are trying to sack me so that tells you something.

I won the case and got my job back on another 4 week probation

4weeks later my probation is over any how I am having trouble with voiding products when I put them through the till that is the only thing they can possibly sack me on.

I got home from work today to find a letter asking me to go to another meeting to discuss my employment on Wednesday I instantly rang my brother and we spoke about it they have still been treating me bad and what I would consider DISCRIMINATION AND PREJUDICED behaviours towards me because I have dyslexia sorry I wanted to make big so they stand out.

My brother said I will probably lose my job this time and there isn't much else he can do because we have done so much to win all the cases but this time it's getting to the stage where you just have to accept defeat i'm up against a massive UK retailer we have done well to take them this far.

I will update this on the 8th to let everyone know the outcome from my brothers experience he has said I will lose this one but I just wanted to update you on my job situation as I have been talking about it on this forum.

So I texted my friend my only friend telling him what happened he works for the same company as me but in a different store and just said I don't care.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: I have lost my job again not confirmed but maybe - March 6th 2017, 02:40 PM

I am very sorry to hear this. How could they do this to you??!! :angry:

I am sorry I cant really help much. Do you have any plans what job you are going to apply if its really final?

I don't understand why do they have no compassion to others Having dylexsia doesnt mean you are going to be any less valueable than other workers. Why do they have to be so mean?

And I know how many other disabled people had to suffer these kind of discrimaination. Its very disrespectful to them and its very mean. Justin, I hope you can understand these people are not worthy of your concern. These people has empty hearts, so they want to mock others and think that this can make them satisfied.

But you have a heart of gold, I know you can always forgive these pathetic people. Don't bother them, and dont make their words to hurt you. Forgiveness and ignorance is what you can do to these people.

I am sorry that I cant help much to your situation, but I am sure you are just as valuable as other people, and in fact much more than them because you are a warm hearted person.

You can go through this, and dont give up!

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
Closed Thread