TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Job brainstorming - May 5th 2018, 08:34 PM

I'm going to be doing everything I can this summer to get a good job after I graduate after the fall semester. That includes just having a general brainstorm regarding jobs I could do. SO, if you could help me brainstorm, that would be great.
My majors are psychology and environmental science, with my interests more geared toward wilderness stuff. I'd also be open to a desk job thats only loosely related to a psychology degree (I hate psychology). So, any ideas are welcome and they can be loosely related to those interests. My school has an extremely good reputation, so I do expect to be pretty competitive when I get out there.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Job brainstorming - May 6th 2018, 02:02 AM

Are you interested in private industry or government positions? Government jobs are quite competitive but they have some benefits. I have heard decent things about some government agencies but I think it's dependent on the state you are in. I don't know much about these types of jobs since I have never been employed in that capacity but I know people who do like those positions because they are able to find jobs that are specific to their interests. If you are in the USA there are different government sectors you could look into as well.

They tend to have jobs specific to things like psychology/sociology/social work degrees and some environmental science degrees. They also have positions that require a BA etc.

I am not certain about wilderness related stuff but with a psychology degree you might be able to look into jobs with with people who have mental health related issues such as a mental health worker or someone that does work with people who have varying levels of autism. In my state you can start out without much of a degree but if you have a degree you can work you way into higher positions earlier on. You could probably do a search for this degree as well and it might give you ideas for jobs to look up on job search website.

What are you interested within psychology as that might help narrow it down. There are group homes and things like that as well but I am not certain how much you'd make.

Another thing to consider is just applying to any desk related job that requires a BA and sounds interesting. You might get a hit or you might not. It's all dependent on what is on your resume.

I might be able to provide more specifics if you let me know more of what interests you within Psychology. I believe there might be some people on this site who got degrees in sciences so my hope is they will be able to come along and provide insight.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread