TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Would someone be able to help and tell me if this makes sense - June 11th 2018, 10:42 PM

Hi everyone I have dyslexia and I would like to know if this paragraph i have wrote make sense. I am concerned about these , I don't really understand what they do I was hoping you guys could see if I have used them correctly!

I am an experienced retail professional. I have a passion for providing a very high level of service and building positive relationships with customers. I like to work in a fast paced environment target driven and enjoy new challenges. I have experience in store setup, visual merchandising, Working as part of a team and team building exercises, working towards targets and KPI. I am someone who has a drive to progress and work my way up and learn new things everyday. I am driven by customer focus I want to do my best for the customer and business.

Thank you!

Last edited by Fading Light.; June 12th 2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Moving to a more appropriate forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TraitorBaby Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jo

Re: Would someone be able to help and tell me if this makes sense - June 12th 2018, 01:31 AM

*I like to work in a target-driven, fast-paced environment and enjoy new challenges.
*working as part of a team and in team building exercises,
*I am someone who has a drive to progress, work my way up, and learn new things everyday.
*I am driven by customer focus, and I want to do my best for both customer and business.

That's all that I could see, but they're all small grammatical errors. Also, I'm not completely certain about the dashes in the target-driven and fast-paced parts, so if someone else could check me on that....?

Otherwise it looks like you did a good job. hope you get the job.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Would someone be able to help and tell me if this makes sense - June 12th 2018, 09:44 AM

Hi Thank you I would love more opinions too can someone who's good with spelling and stuff please help me out I would highly appreciate it! thank you for responding!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Would someone be able to help and tell me if this makes sense - June 12th 2018, 07:32 PM

I agree with Jo's corrections, and think that the dashes are fine

Adding on to that, how would you feel about slightly rephrasing this sentence: "I have experience in store setup, visual merchandising, Working as part of a team and team building exercises, working towards targets and KPI."

It seems a bit long and list like so maybe split it up a bit? For example : I have experience of working in a team, and have done team building exercises. I have worked towards targets and KPI. I also have experience in store setup as well as visual merchandising.

Other than that, it looks fine

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: Would someone be able to help and tell me if this makes sense - June 13th 2018, 02:15 AM

I am not sure how to help with English lol, it sounds fine for me.

But I just want to wish you best of luck in getting the job!

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Would someone be able to help and tell me if this makes sense - June 25th 2018, 02:18 PM

Holly How do I put that all together what you said it's not for a job it's for linkin you know the professional job website for professional people. I really need it to make sense in case someone contacts me regarding job offers. Thank you!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Would someone be able to help and tell me if this makes sense - June 26th 2018, 01:01 PM

If it's for LinkedIn then you can phrase it however you want. You can make it longer and add examples of what you did/your responsibilities, or just keep it in short sentences as you have done or even bullet point it if you want.

It makes sense to me

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread