TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Obsessed? Welcome to move it, wasn’t sure where it fits... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t156439-obsessed-welcome-move-wasn%92t-sure-where-fits/)

Astar July 4th 2018 08:52 PM

Obsessed? Welcome to move it, wasn’t sure where it fits...

Would you say I’m obsessed? At the moment I work two jobs, and over summer have 6 weeks off. I have a full time job lined up for September and was thinking of taking part in a holiday camp as a playworker. I’ve found two I like, and have worked out so if I get the jobs I can do both. Although it doesn’t leave me with much spare time, I feel ill still have time to meet friends and do activities andgo on holiday. Would you say I’m obsessed with working? I’ve been in a job since I was 16, and have never stoped working. Most of the time I have 2 or more jobs on but I honestly love working... when I’m at home I get bored and while working I still get chance to meet friends and stuff...

Latte July 5th 2018 03:17 AM

Re: Obsessed? Welcome to move it, wasn’t sure where it fits...

I'm not sure if it's a question that you're obsessed, but more of a question if you're leaving time to do other things, like having time for friends or hobbies. I know many people who like working and that's ok. Loads of people have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet. But if you don't have to work this much and it's impeding your ability to live your life fully, maybe you could try working fewer hours. However, ultimately it's your choice.

Celyn July 6th 2018 08:44 PM

I agree with the above. There's nothing wrong with finding jobs because you love working. It keeps you stimulated, you earn money, gain experience that you can put on your CV, references and even better if you enjoy it! It's also good that you still have time to meet up with friends and do other things besides work. If you ever find yourself not having much time, feeling overworked, avoiding other things in life or just not being able to say 'no' when asked to take on extra work then there's nothing wrong with setting a limit or cutting down your hours. Otherwise, you just sound like you are a hardworking person who also enjoys their work and there's nothing wrong with that :)

.:Bibliophile:. July 7th 2018 07:19 AM

Hey there,

I do not know that you are obsessed. It sounds like you've found something that keeps you from being bored. I think it's great that you have jobs that you enjoy and that keep you from being bored. I know I didn't work for years and I struggled a lot with boredom; the boredom led to me getting anxious and it wasn't always healthy.

I suppose it might seem like you are obsessed with working but it truly sounds like you've found something healthy that keeps you busy. Also, as you get older and work more, the time and energy you put into these jobs will probably help you quite a bit. If you apply for other jobs they will probably see your dedication and hard work.

Best regards.