TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Anyone know about research jobs? - August 4th 2018, 05:24 PM

I知 going to grad school and got a position as a grad assistant with a professor helping with her research.
I値l be doing analysis, intervention, and manuscript writing type things, including lit reviews and drafting sections of the article. I壇 also be helping to finalize and evaluate the intervention.

Outside of in class learning I don稚 have a lot of experience so I知 nervous about my performance. Anyone have any tips on how to do well?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Anyone know about research jobs? - August 4th 2018, 11:09 PM

I think the best thing to do is just to be clear on your supervisors expectations. I'd assume she knows you lack experience and will be willing to be supportive.

Communication is key. If she hasn't already outlined her expectations for you, ask. If you aren't sure about how to go about your responsibilities, ask for clarification about her usual processes. If you aren't even sure what your responsibilities are, ask what steps you should take. If you do projects for her, ask her for feedback to make sure you're on the same page.

Once you get comfortable with the role, you likely won't have to worry so much about your performance. Meanwhile, just ask.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Anyone know about research jobs? - August 4th 2018, 11:54 PM

She knew me as an undergrad because I took a class with her and she loves me, so I’m so afraid of letting her down! Plus of course her research is important.

I know she said she wants to meet with me after the first week of classes are over so we can start, so I’d assume she’s not going to throw me into the deep end. Or I hope

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Anyone know about research jobs? - August 5th 2018, 02:53 AM

I am sure that if she likes your work, she knows you can handle whatever she needs from you. Plus, like I said, even if she does just throw you into the deep end, don't be afraid to speak up. I feel like you are probably at greater risk of disappointing her if you give her work she doesn't want because you didn't ask for clarification. Once you get started. I am sure it'll become clear

Closed Thread