TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~anongirl~ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: anonymousgurl

Failing Junior Year - September 8th 2018, 10:09 PM

Failing junior year of high school

So far not all grades have been posted, but I have

Physics: D+
English: F
History: C-
Math: D
Writing (Elective): A-
Art&Music: A

HELP!!! I DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING IN CLASSES! Also I go to a super advanced and academically challenging academy. It is like a special admissions private school that only lets in people who take the entrance exams and get a certain grade or higher. so yeah it was so hard to get in and it was a really close call but i got accepted back in freshman year but i have been struggling since i joined the school. even freshman year was a close call and i failed a math course so im repeating and so now im a year behind in math (i take it with the grade level below my grade). every year i barely make it and i think im actually gonna fail this year and get kicked out of the school. theres a history test i studied my butt off and thought id get an A- or a B+, but instead was shocked an devastated to get it back and see that i got a C+, which brought my entire overall grade for that course down. also we have a history assigment due this week and i understand nothing from the reading material and the questions they ask afterwards, its so dense reading-level and i feel like im reading gibberish its so confusing.

i dont wanna fail out of this school !!
also if my parents saw my grades right now and how horrible they are even though the school year just started they'd get me in hugeeee trouble! help!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Failing Junior Year - September 9th 2018, 09:37 PM

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with your grades at the moment. It sounds like a lot of pressure to do well in a private school, please your parents and do well for yourself.

You work hard which is good, but you also mention that you don't understand anything in classes or in reading material and I'm wondering if it's possible to ask your teachers to explain things to you a bit more? It's always good to ask if you don't understand things. If you don't feel comfortable asking in class, you can always ask when the lesson finishes or when the teacher is free. You can also try asking your friends and classmates to help explain things to you. Or you can try looking online for resources. There may be videos online that help explain certain topics and you can always pause and rewind if you don't understand something.

While no-one can say how your parents would react, they do want to see you succeed. I'm wondering if it's possible to talk to your parents and, if possible, be able to get you to have tutoring to help with things you don't understand? Tutoring might help a bit and you'll be able to have the one-to-one support and go at your own pace.

Try to keep positive. It's early in the school year and it's not all doom and gloom. You've done really well in Art & Music as well as Writing. And you are doing okay with History too

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
crystalbrincks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Failing Junior Year - September 11th 2018, 09:32 AM

I was going to the similar academy despite my own will. It was just my parets though it will bring me bigger opportunities in life. I used to fail 60% of classes, and having C was a really good level for me. It was a problem that I couldn't tell parent about the primary issue of hard learning and another one, my extreme anxiety caused my that academy. I didn't know what to do and the longer I was failing, the more I didn't want to show up at that place. Thus, I was failing classes even more.

When I was on the verge of dropping out, I discovered that senior students were helping others prepare to finals and edit academic papers. I found out that some professors gave extra classes for free to help students catch up. Also I asked for help [Edited] and they gave me samples of papers to figure out style, structure and so on. So you can try to reach out to your teachers and ask for help. You can try to ask a classmate who understands the subject to give you notes or even sit and explain everything to you. I know it's hard to communicate when you feel like everything's falling apart, but people can be much nicer and much more helpful than we think they are.

Last edited by Celyn; September 11th 2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Link violates advertising policy

Closed Thread