TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Annie Einstein Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I've never interacted with my gym teacher!!!! - March 24th 2019, 02:13 PM

I'm a senior in High School, and I didn't have P.E. The first semester and started it the second semester. I have never spoke to my gym teacher, and I never want to because he's never asked me a question. I feel so stupid because of this!!!! Has anyone else had this experience???

Last edited by Melancholia.; March 24th 2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Moving to Education & Careers - I think you'll get better advice here. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I've never interacted with my gym teacher!!!! - March 24th 2019, 06:52 PM

Honestly, I'm a little confused here.
You said you didn't have PE. What that just in previous years? Or did you just not have it in the first semester?
Why does it matter you haven't spoken with your teacher? Loads of people don't necessarily communicate with their teachers, and it's not a big deal, it totally depends on the student, the class dynamics, the teacher etc. I literally had college profs who were basically just there to lecture and I could barely remember what their names were by the end of the semester even if I was doing well in the class, while in comparison I still communicate regularly with a few of my teachers who were more invested in their students, it's not a big deal.

However, you seem kind of mortified that you haven't engaged with your teacher. Sorry if I am inserting something you aren't feeling, but it sounds like something else is going on. For example, did this teacher challenge you about the fact you haven't talked to him/her? Did a friend make a comment? Do you usually communicate with your teachers a lot? Do you have a crush on this teacher? If I know more about why you feel this is a big deal, perhaps I can be more specific in my advice

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: I've never interacted with my gym teacher!!!! - March 25th 2019, 08:21 PM

I'm wondering why you feel stupid about having never talked to your gym teacher? You're not stupid at all

If you've never had PE before and you are concerned about how this might affect you in lessons, it's okay to talk to your teacher about it. They should be understanding and many people struggle with PE for many reasons, so you won't be seen as 'different'.

That said, it's also okay if you haven't spoken to your teacher and he's never spoken to you either. I've had many teachers like that. As long as you know you can approach your teacher for help when you need to, that's all that matters!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeborahBAguirre Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've never interacted with my gym teacher!!!! - April 19th 2019, 01:31 PM

Nice GIF, can you share more ?