TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Unbreakable

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Court

What has been your favorite or least favorite job? - August 5th 2019, 05:40 AM

Okay, so I thought I'd start up a little thread to see if anyone would like to share if they've ever had a favorite job or least favorite job, and why I'll go first!

My favorite job is the one I'm in now. I'm helping people out recovering from addiction and currently in recovery, it's very rewarding and I love my employer. Plus I'm making a lot more than any other job I've worked at.

My least favorite would have to be when I was a security guard. The company I worked for was, let's just say, horrible, and my boss was an ego tripping dictator but I'm not getting too far into that or I'll be writing paragraphs.

Let's see if we can keep this going.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: What has been your favorite or least favorite job? - August 5th 2019, 04:25 PM

If this counts, my favorite was when I was a graduate assistant for a professor. I was helping her with her research and it made me really love research and now I'm considering doing qualitative research for my career. I worked on two projects, one was about condom use in college males and one was about HIV/PrEP in young men who have sex with men. I learned a lot from it.

My least favorite job was being a pharmacy tech at CVS. We were always short staffed due to corporate so we were rushing around, and a lot of the customers weren't very nice. So I'd be stressed and crying at the counter a lot. Plus I was too slow at it and my anxiety got in the way a lot.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Butterfly. Offline
spread my wings and fly

Average Joe

Name: Jen

Re: What has been your favorite or least favorite job? - August 5th 2019, 09:36 PM

Two of my favorite jobs were when I was in high school. One was in an office and the other kitchen.

My least favorite would probably be the book shop owned by a stuffy old lady who had a picture of Jesus on the wall.

HelpLINK Mentor Articles Writer

(#4 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Lead Moderator

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: What has been your favorite or least favorite job? - August 6th 2019, 08:31 PM

My least favorite job has to be this farmers market I worked at when I was 14/15. I worked there two summers, and it was my first job. It wasn't a horrible job, but I had this horrible co-worker who insisted on only wanting to do certain parts of the job.

My favorite job, was surprisingly my last job that I just left a month ago. I worked a retail job in the clothing department. And it had its moments, answering the phone was hell, and sometimes the customers and my co-workers made me want to scream. But at the same time, the actual work was good, and I had some co-workers that get us going, and we were laughing all day.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: What has been your favorite or least favorite job? - August 9th 2019, 08:54 AM

My favourite job was at McDonald's where I worked for 3 years. I loved what I did (I was at the front counter serving customers) and the people I worked with. It was why I stayed there during my junior and senior years in high school.
My least favourite job was at 2 childcare centers. The owners of both places were awful to work for, would often belittle you in front of other staff and pretty much make you feel extremely incompetent.