TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Petra Gomez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 790, Level: 4 Points: 790, Level: 4 Points: 790, Level: 4

Question Can I do Online school? How does online school work? - March 13th 2021, 11:17 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm petra from Spain. My studies got hindered due to the crisis of the pandemic. I wanted to know if I can continue with my school education online?

I don't want to continue offline with schools as I know this stupid virus will keep on affecting us all.

I want to know how do online schools work?
Actually, I want to know do online schools even work?

I want some serious advice on this. Can someone advise me on choosing an online school?

My friend suggested me to go for the American school K12.
But he is a moron, and the fees for this school are way too much for the level of education they provide.

Then there is this International online school. The fees are very nominal but, I don't know much about their education. There aren't many advertisements for them.

Is internationalschooling.org a good online school?

Please help me save my education.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47

Re: Can I do Online school? How does online school work? - March 13th 2021, 11:29 PM

Hello Petra and welcome to Teenhelp It is wonderful that you have joined us and thank you so much for telling us all about what you are going through, hope you will be okay soon.

You have students right now who are going to school everyday and they are in person. Then you have students who are doing the school online. Would you be able to try talking with someone in you're family and asking them to help you out with this? Are you able to talk to you're parents or whatever is taking care of you and let them know about school and what you want to do. Then they would be able to call the school and get it set up for you. You will need to have a computer so that you can see you're teacher. You always want to go to the school that is nice for you. Also learning from home some students who have a learning disability it can be hard for them to understand everything that they need for that class. When you have time look into the different schools and show them to you're parents when you are talking to them. I wish you the best with this and hope that everything works out for you.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: Can I do Online school? How does online school work? - March 14th 2021, 04:57 AM

Hi Petra,

The best advice I can give you is to research the best option for what to do. Maybe speak to a family member or friend and they can help you choose the best school in your area. Could you speak to a career or education counsellor?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
EliteKid

Edit avatar

Smile Re: Can I do Online school? How does online school work? - March 14th 2021, 05:44 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Hello Petra,

You must calm down. There's no such issue that should worry you. Education is a crucial part of everybody's life, and the whole world is trying its best to cope up with this.

So You Must Be At Ease Soldier!

The school you are talking about is a great online school, according to the reviews. And the fees you are talking about is pretty good actually. But aren't your parents going to be the ones to actually pay it? Why don't you let your parents decide which school they can afford or not?
And as you told us that you are from Spain, don't you think that changing your schooling to the American system is a big decision?
No intentions to get you worried, I know it's an International online school and valid around the globe but you should first gather the absolute knowledge about it. So go check on their website and gather some information about them.

There are many benefits of the American curriculum and it is accepted in 95% of universities in Spain. The only problem is if you want something from the other 5%.

If you decide to opt for an American school, I welcome you to the best schooling system in the world.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Can I do Online school? How does online school work? - March 14th 2021, 06:59 PM

Hi Petra,

I did my high school education online, and did some online/ hybrid courses while taking classes in person to get my AS. I am currently wrapping up my BS which I have done entirely online.

The biggest, perhaps most important thing to remember about online education is this: you get out what you put into your education. Online students have to be self-motivated and very self-disciplined. Some of it is also self-teaching after being given materials. Time management is also very important.

A common misconception about online or sometimes hybrid courses is that they are easier, when they are not due to what I mentioned above. They are a lot more work. It isn't to scare you, but to help you know what you are potentially going to see should you decide to go with schooling online.

Is the flexibility of being able to write a paper while you're in your pajamas nice? Definitely. It isn't cut out for everyone though. I have two good friends who can't stand online classes and struggled a lot with them. They prefer to learn in person, to ask questions in person and have that contact.

It might help if you think about how you learn and what would best suit you.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: Can I do Online school? How does online school work? - March 20th 2021, 12:17 PM

Hi Petra, a late welcome to Teen Help!

I'm home schooling temporarily because I'm between schools. I've been schooled at home before, and have to say that home schooling programs are often not easy academically because the coursework can be intensive, difficult, so I'd gently warn you to be selective if you are planning to school at home.

A couple of days ago I came close to burnout because the coursework was taking up ridiculous amounts of time. And I wasn't able to get help from my older sisters, one who's just started a new job and the other who is recuperating from an illness.

I'm on a special home schooling program that may be useful to you because they adjust the amount of academia that may best suit you. But to get advice first from my sisters, I'm going to log out now and get their advice. Then I will be back to your topic.

Back again!

My sisters have asked if you have particular subjects in my mind, also adding that home schooling courses can be adjusted to suit you. Ones which can be tailored to your ability.

The home schooling site which my sisters have suggested is Wolsey Hall Oxford, but relating to your country of Spain. https://wolseyhalloxford.org.uk/abou...hooling/spain/

My late mum used Wolsey Hall when she was at home in France where, from there she could fly home to England or where her father wanted her to accompany him. This site is excellent because my dear mum Anna enjoyed the coursework immensely! Here is an example. https://wolseyhalloxford.org.uk/homeschool-projects/

Just chill, take your time inquiring. Wolsey Hall have a very high educational standard. My sisters apologize they cannot comment on the international-schooling you asked about. They don't know it.

Find out what would suit you best. You will definitely need a laptop and a remote hard drive so you can store extra schooling on. That's just a suggestion, all depending on the hard drive size of your laptop.

Home schooling can be tough! Hard going. And I consider myself to be pretty bright, but found it hard to keep up. Presently I'm improving my Italian, French and German languages in addition to English and French literature. but my sisters have asked my home schooling people to cut me some slack because of some personal problems I'm going through.

Wishing you all the best, good luck and keep us updated with your progress.

Last edited by Sprite-1; March 20th 2021 at 12:50 PM. Reason: More information
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
javier221 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 446, Level: 3 Points: 446, Level: 3 Points: 446, Level: 3

Re: Can I do Online school? How does online school work? - October 26th 2021, 06:54 AM

Hello, I hope that your studies get back to normal soon.
We have all attended online and physical classes during the pandemic and I can assure you that if your school is providing you with a good education, both are fine. Both modes of education have their benefits but I will slide to online education as that is your main concern. It allows you to take classes from any corner of the planet with comfort. The schedules are flexible. If you miss any classes, you can get recorded lectures. These also give you a chance to explore multiple courses. The transportation cost from your house to the school is reduced. However, there is very little interaction with the teacher. There is a lot of self-learning involved when studying online.
Also, if you are not a fan of online classes, you should get vaccinated. Vaccinated people have a relatively lower chance of getting affected by the coronavirus.
Closed Thread