TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 09:42 PM

Fast approaching!

AS and A2 level - 20th August
GCSE - 27th August

So, what results are you waiting for? (AS/A2/GCSE)
In what subjects?
What grades do you want or what grades would you be alright with?

If GCSE - what subjects are you going to for A' Level?
If AS - what are you hoping to apply to do at University? What subjects are you dropping, if any?
If A2 - what is your offer and for which subject is it? Are you taking a gap year, if so what are you going to do?

And what is your mental status

I'll do me

I'm doing AS Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Literature. I am carrying all on to A2 and am doing the Extended Project Award.
I've also re-taken GCSE maths as I got a B first time (doing intermediate paper, mind, couldn't have gottan higher). But I did zero work for GCSE maths as A' Level > GCSE

I'd be able to live with AABB as long as I got an A in Chemistry. Obviously I am aiming for AAAA though I'm not sure whether I have managed to achieve this
I would like an A* for maths, but I'm not really that bothered as I already have a B. I would find it amusing if I got a higher grade at A' Level than GCSE. I would be mildly annoyed if I didn't manage to improve it by one grade, but as I said not too fussed.

I'm hoping to apply to do medicine for 2010 entry at University.

mental status: Bored. I was incredibly anxious and have phases where I get nervous. But I'm just bored of being nervous and bored of the wait and just want to know now! If my grades aren't good enough I can't apply to do what I want to, so, they are massively important and I'd just like to get it over with already so I can start working on A2.

Err.. I can remember this time last year I was waiting for my last two GCSE grades and everyone was coming into the thread saying "Oh GCSE's aren't important". This is bullshit I cannot apply to one of the Universities I wanted to because I do not have high enough GCSE grades. GCSEs are very important, especially if you want to apply to a competitive University or for a competitive course. GCSE are reguarly used to allow A2 students who have missed their offer to get their place due to good performance at GSCE. A good GCSE grade in a subject may make up for not having it A' Level for some degree. GCSEs are defintley important, ignore those who tell you they are not.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Betsie Jelly

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 09:53 PM

I need ABB (English lit and Russian course) or BBB (Economics and Russian course) to get into my unis

And im predicted that if I worked hard enough

I am taking Economics, English Literature, Russian and General Studies and I dropped Art last year with a D in it for AS

(#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 10:09 PM

ohh i was waiting for someone to make this thread!

i'm waiting on GCSE results.

i took..

English language
1 science [i was doing dual science but had to drop the second half of it]
Maths
Drama
I.T.
Religious Studies
Graphic Design

i was meant to be taking history, business studies, english lit & the other half of my science but circumstances made it impossible for me to do them.

i'd be happy with five c's or higher.
over the moon with; A A A B B C C
and in disbelief with anything better..

urrm.. i'm going onto AS and i'm studying philosophy, politics, sociology & english language.

arghh. i'm realllyyyy nervous!!.

with the year i've had if i get five C's i'll be sooooo proud of myself. i just hope i'm not disappointed come results day.

good luck to everyone else!!. i hope you get the grades you want/deserve!

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 10:09 PM

I need BBB or 300 UCAS points (I'm quite lucky there, I have about 120 points from music exams!"

I'm going to study music. My second choice uni grades are actually higher than my first, so if I don't get in to my first choice I definitly won't get in to my second!!

I took French, Music and Business Studies. I took Economics at AS but decided I hated that more than French, so I dropped Economics and forced myself to survive French lessons. All of our sixth form have to do General Studies as well which is the most pointless subject in the world. But all these subjects were very difficult. Music was the worst! And they say A levels are getting easier .... *sigh*

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 10:10 PM

I don't really need my As levels to be honest, when I was admitted to hospital I dropped 2 subjects. I'm doing Btec next year instead. But I still took 2 exams and I would still like the Ucas points. I porbably got a big fat U though!

fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right

LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 10:16 PM

I'm waiting for my A2s.
I'm waiting on Maths [C at AS], Politics [C at AS] and Psychology [B at AS]. Looking for a ABB to do Psychology at Sussex University. I did one retake for Psychology, three in Maths and Politics plus in Maths and Politics I retook the January exam. I dropped Economics last year after getting a B at AS.
Mental state ... OK. I'll be checking my UCAS every 10mins for the next couple of days as unis get results before we do ... I'm not particularly looking forward to it, but I want to get it over with

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#7 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 10:16 PM

I'm doing Psychology, Maths and Philosophy. I dropped Further Maths because it just went way over my head! I was 1 mark on an E in the exam though
Psychology I'm hoping for a C. Maths I'm hoping for a D and because of everything that happened I'd be lucky to get any grade for Philosophy. Thank God for resits! If all goes to plan either next year or the year after I'm going to try and either get into Lancaster or Bedfordshire uni to study Psychology.

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 10:20 PM

GCSE and AS in maths since we did our maths GCSE early.

In what subjects?
English Language
English Literature
Statistics
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Music
Geography
Child Development
ICT
RE

Chemistry and Biology hoping for A's
English Literature, Statistics and Geography hoping for B's
Physics, English Language, Music hoping for C's
I know I've already got less than a C for Child Development, ICT and RE. I didn't answer half the questions on the CD and ICT paper and we did RE last year so I know I didn't pass it.

If GCSE - what subjects are you going to for A' Level?
Chemistry
Biology
Psychology
Maths

(#9 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 11:00 PM

I'm waiting for my GCSE results.
I already have 3 results:
English Lang -A*, ICT - B, and first award from Dual Science - B(but it could go up to an A if i did well in a practical i re-sat.

I'm now waiting for grades in R.E, English Lit, Maths, second award for Dual science, Geography, Art, French, and Graphics.

I hope to achieve all passes obviously but in R.E, English Lit, and Art, i particularly want A-A*s, In maths i'm hoping for a B even though i was predicted an A, in French i wouldn't mind a B, and in Dual sci, Geog and Graphics, D-B, because i know i did quite badly in those exams.

At A-level; i hope to study English Combined, Psychology and Art.

Mental state: bored

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#10 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 17th 2009, 11:55 PM

OK so I'm not British, (and i got my results on Wednesday) but it feels very lonely being the only Leaving-Certer on the site so I'ma jump right in here. Probably means nothing, but oh well.
I did the core subjects (Irish, Maths, English and then French) and my options were Biology, History and Home Economics. I was absolutely thrilled with all of my results, except for French which I only got a B3 (B-) in, but ah well. (:
And i just found out today that i got a place in the course I want in University College Dublin, which is Arts.
woo for being a thread rebel...

Mental state: Tired but ecstatic. I'm in college!!

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 18th 2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niente_ View Post
And they say A levels are getting easier .... *sigh*
A' Levels aren't getting easier. They're just letting people resit them over and over so many times that it's a bit of a piss take how easy it is to get a good grade because of the resits.

I am very anti-resits and think that they should get rid of them unless you were, idk, dying during the exams in June so you can do them in January. If you want to resit you should have to take a year out like they had to years ago. Bloody unfair on the rest of us who did work hard enough first time, and creates this "it doesn't matter, I can resit it" attitude.

Down with resits

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 18th 2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by her_beautiful_mistake View Post

In what subjects?

If AS - what are you hoping to apply to do at University? What subjects are you dropping, if any?

And what is your mental status
I am waiting for AS Maths, Religions Studies and Biology.
I wanted CCC but maths when down the plughole for our whole class because we had a terrible teacher and RS followed it when I ran out of time in the exam and missed half the paper. My biology is expectd to be a B. I will not be dropping any subjects no matter how bad I did. With RS I have learnt I need to plan my time better other than that I knew the stuff I could answer the questions I just need to pace myself better. With Maths I resat and improved on Core 1 and I can do it with these, we are also getting a better teacher so I really hope I can do better.

I want to go to university and do Diagnostic Radiography which you need CCC or 240 ucas points for. The grades I am looking at are probably BCD which should get me those points.

My mental state at the moment is so indifferent, I am not even thinking about it. If I get a C or above in Biology I will be happy, I have stressed so much over the other to that now I just don't care anymore.

If I get a pass in A2 biology I can do a 1 year Radiography Assistant course and then do the Diagnostic Radiography course which I would be able to start in the second year because the Radiography Assistant course will count as my first year.

I am going to be doing 11 exams in January because of the amount of resits I have to now do. My RS techer told us we would have to resit one paper beause none of us were prepared for it (her fault) and then I messed up the other one. In Maths I know I will have to resit, I resat Core 1 and got it up from an E to a C with my own work and I plan on doing the same for Core 2 and Statistics.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
in/flux Offline
Average Joe

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 18th 2009, 10:38 AM

I'm waiting for my A2 biology, english literature, psychology and sociology results.

I need 300 UCAS points, including a B in English to meet my offer (I'm hoping to do an English Literature and Philosophy joint degree). All I can say is that I'm so very thankful that I got straight A's in my AS year, because this year I basically lost the plot, revision-wise. I'm confident that I can make the 300 points but I need that B in English! As long as I get a C overall in A2 I'll make it, but I still can't help being slightly worried.

Good luck everyone.

'Twas grief enough to think mankind
All hollow, servile, insincere;
But worse to trust to my own mind
And find the same corruption there.
--Emily Brontë, 1837

(#14 (permalink)) Old
catchphrase Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Marie

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 18th 2009, 10:52 AM

im waiting for my GCSEs

i took:
biology
chemistry
physics
maths
english
english lit
german
french
welsh (short course)
ICT (short course)
textiles
history
and further maths

i took RS last year and managed to acheive an A* xD

i have no idea what id be alright with but am hoping for some As and A*s
apart from in welsh, where i'd be lucky to have a B

next year im taking biology, chemistry, maths and french/history (still undecided - depends on results)

im incredibly nervous - i want good grades because im hoping to do medicine at uni.

good luck!

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 18th 2009, 11:05 AM

I'm waiting for one maths GCSE and if i don't get A* then i'll get told off and if i don't get an A then i'll be annoyed cos i will have to resit so i will have to do maths next year and i hate maths.

Dream ♥

(#16 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 18th 2009, 11:34 AM

anyone else getting annoyed with those people who insist on updating their facebook status daily with how many days/hours/minutes to go. arrggghh.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 18th 2009, 02:39 PM

I'm waiting for AS results for History, Business Studies, Art, French and Critical Thinking. I honestly believe that I haven't done the best that I could. I've already got the results for one CT and one Business Studies exam and I got Cs, which I really wasn't pleased with. I can't see me doing much better seeing as I wasn't feeling my best during the whole year and it only got worse during exams. I guess I'll only find out on Thursday though!

Good luck everyone, I'm sure you'll have done great.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 18th 2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchphrase View Post
im waiting for my GCSEs

i took:
biology
chemistry
physics
maths
english
english lit
german
french
welsh (short course)
ICT (short course)
textiles
history
and further maths

i took RS last year and managed to acheive an A* xD

i have no idea what id be alright with but am hoping for some As and A*s
apart from in welsh, where i'd be lucky to have a B

next year im taking biology, chemistry, maths and french/history (still undecided - depends on results)

im incredibly nervous - i want good grades because im hoping to do medicine at uni.

good luck!
ooh medicine

french or history won't matter for medicine, both will look as good, clever move on mixing the arts subject in (same as me ) they like it. Especially UCL. Oxbridge can get a bit funny about the lack of Physics but don't generally care as long as you get minimum of an A at GCSE.

If you need any help/advice/info on applying for medicine I'm sure I could write a bloody novel on the thing, and actually already have made a powerpoint presentation thing for my college on the procedure and what you need to do to give yourself a good all-round application. So just give me a shout

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Marionette. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 18th 2009, 09:00 PM

Waiting for AS results.Greek Maths Chemistry Biology.

I expect to get an A in greek, as I'm fluent in it.

Hope to get an A/B in biology.

Maths, I don't know what to expect as I absolutely hated the papers and kinda messed up the third paper.

Chemistry, was so bad, I'd be happy with a D

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 19th 2009, 08:10 PM

Im waiting for AS results... History, English Literature, Art.
Im hoping for a B in Art, B in English (Possibly C) and absolutely no idea about History as was 100% exams and I didn't finish one of them. Hopefully a C...
I want to do History at University. Aberystwyth (or however you spell it...) would be my top choice but unlikely as im not looking at huge achievements with my grades. Meh well, hopefully the personal statement will boost my chances.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 19th 2009, 10:11 PM

IT'S RESULTS DAY TOMORROW

PANIC!

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 19th 2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by her_beautiful_mistake View Post
IT'S RESULTS DAY TOMORROW

PANIC!

My sentiments exactly!

(#23 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 19th 2009, 10:33 PM

No results for me this year but...

GOOD LUCK!

(#24 (permalink)) Old
beckie Offline
*Snap back to reality<3 *
Not a n00b

Name: Beckie

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 19th 2009, 10:35 PM

I'm waiting for A2 levels in -
- Psychology
- Sociology
- Business
I need AAB to do Psychology in the uni that I've applied for (although I no longer have any intentions of going to that one ) I'm predicted AAA, but I have an option mostly for whatever grades I get so I'm not too bothered.
Good luck everyone.

The prettiest things can come out of the coldest night.

At one point, all you ever did...
was everything you ever wanted.

Snap back to reality. <3

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Marionette. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 19th 2009, 10:40 PM

kjdgfsdfkjdshfdskjhfsdjkfhslfhs
6 or so hours.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.
<3

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 19th 2009, 11:23 PM

Got my final results (resits) back in January after taking a year out for reasons that I won't go into, so I already know where I'm going and what I'm doing next academic year. So I'm not too worried. Just thought I'd wish the rest of you guys luck for results today.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lottie

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 20th 2009, 12:09 AM

Good luck guys! And remember, there is always clearing + re-takes if things go tits up. You did the best you could and that's all that matters. I'll be thinking of you guys =)

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Jamie Offline
A Tout Le Monde
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jamie

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 20th 2009, 12:30 AM

Pulling an all-nighter here.

Ho-hum. Nervy.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

22:36 [Ergg] It's so much better to be a girl
22:36 [Ergg] IMO
22:36 [Jamie] Naw. Two words: Periods. Childbirth.
22:36 [Ergg] One word: Birth control
22:37 [Jamie] That's two words.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 20th 2009, 05:59 AM

Yeah so I didn't get in ... I don't even know what I got yet, I just can't stop crying.

(#30 (permalink)) Old
in/flux Offline
Average Joe

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 20th 2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiciansasssistant View Post
Yeah so I didn't get in ... I don't even know what I got yet, I just can't stop crying.
I am so sorry, I know it doesn't help but remember that a lot of people will be experiencing the same thing right now or later on today.

However, I wouldn't give up on getting into your choice of uni completely. I'd phone them up as soon as you get your results and see whether they still might be willing to give you a place. If that doesn't work out, I'm sure there's a place in clearing just perfect for you. I know of many people who didn't get into their first choice but who now say that going into clearing was the best thing that happened to them because of the great time they had/are having somewhere else!

--Emily Brontë, 1837

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

A level results today - August 20th 2009, 07:24 AM

Anyone else shitting themselves as much as me? I'm almost too scared to go lol. My entire future depends on these results :O not good. so yeah, anyone else completely terrified? If you've got them already, what results did you get?

(#32 (permalink)) Old
in/flux Offline
Average Joe

Re: A level results today - August 20th 2009, 07:35 AM

I'm not sure what I've gotten yet, but I checked my UCAS track a short while ago and it now says that my place has been confirmed so I assume that I met my offer! I'm so very happy, especially as my boyfriend has met his offer too and we're both going to the same uni.

Good luck!

--Emily Brontë, 1837

(#33 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: A level results today - August 20th 2009, 07:35 AM

OMG I've just looked on the UCAS website at my application status, it says that my firm choice of uni changed my offer to unconditional TWO DAYS AGO (that means whatever results I get they're letting me in!)

I'm so happy! I was having trouble sleeping last night! Now I don't really even need to know what my results are!!

Though of course I will go and find out

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: A level results today - August 20th 2009, 07:39 AM

I'm really eager to get mine now ... I didn't get in to my choices so I need to know how far out I was.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Kiefaber Offline
The Bass Player
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Benjamin

Re: A level results today - August 20th 2009, 07:59 AM

dont kow what grade i've got yet but it must be enough! confirmation for first choice here aswell!

I used to be indecisive... but now I'm not so sure

(#36 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 20th 2009, 09:20 AM

I'm going to merge the two results thread as there's no need to have two going.

Good luck again, everyone. [:

(#37 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 20th 2009, 11:13 AM

arrggghhhhh.

so basically i'm getting most of my gcse grades based entirely on coursework and predicted grades because circumstances meant i couldn't sit many exams. my school told me that so long as i've completed 35% of the course it'll be fine and i'll get a grade. now i'm panicking because someone just told me that for edexel it's definitely 50%.. and i haven't done 50% for some subjects i have edexel for.

am i completely screwed? if my school has completely fucked things up for me i'm gunna cry.. and cry. cos i need five c's to get into college.

am i worrying unecessarily or is this actually the case and i'm screwed?!.

it's so unfair. i wish the exam boards were more understanding.. they've already put me through enough shit.

thanks guys. :]

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 20th 2009, 11:36 AM

AS Results
French - B
Art - B
History - B
Business Studies - B
Critical Thinking - D (Who cares, it was an additional subject anyway )

Wooooooo! There must have been a miracle!

(#39 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 20th 2009, 11:40 AM

well done Stephanie!!!

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: A' Level and GCSE results day - August 20th 2009, 12:35 PM

I got:
Psychology - B (1 MARK OFF AN A!!!???)
Politics - B (26 off an A ... I've always got Ds and Es in politics, and my teachers face was all I needed to cheer me up, he was so proud! )
Maths - C (55 off a B ... which I really need)

I needed ABB/AAB for my Psychology course at Sussex ... but I have to reapply now, going to apply in Ireland as well this time. I'm gonna get two Psychology and one Politics remarked, and retake one Psychology, one Politics, and three Maths. Lucky I'm on a gap year :/

Closed Thread